The Confusing Call

I went outside the apartment to make a call to the one person who I knew would be supportive of what I was doing, my fiance Thomas. At first, I did not think he was going to answer but then I heard his reassuring voice. 

Alexa: Hi honey, I hope I did not wake you. I was calling to let you know that I was at the apartment complex on the hill trying to find answers as to what happened that night. I really think this could be the story that helps my career.

Thomas: What are you talking about, Alexa? 

Alexa: I know you are probably tired but you know what happened up here.

Thomas: That is not what I mean. Are you okay? You know as well as I do that the apartment complex burned to the ground just three nights ago. They just showed it on the news yesterday. They could not find any reason for it burning down but no one really cared because they were just glad to see it destroyed.

Alexa: I am standing outside the apartments now so that is not possible.

Alexa tried to get a response but her phone went dead after moments of silence. She tried to turn it back on but it would not come on. Reality seemed to hit her like a ton of bricks and she suddenly wanted to go home and forget the whole thing. She looked to find her car and it had vanished. She started to cry as the door to the third apartment began to creak open. She knew there was no turning back so she slowly made her way into the third apartment.

To Be Continued...