Apologies and House Parties

I don't know how much later it was when my Dad eventually found me, still trembling slightly, but he was none too pleased, leaving the door ajar for me to come out when I was ready, before storming back down the stairs to where the exhibits were now assembled, apparently back to normal, and everyone at the opening had left for home in terror.

I heard faint mutterings coming from down the many museum stairs before; "YOU HAVEN'T SEEN HER UP THERE!"

That was clearly about me....

It brought tears to my eyes that I had been reduced to such a state as this so easily, and it scared me that I seemed so fragile.

.... That only made me more determined though.

I shakily rose to my feet, brows furrowed slightly with persistance, and took a deep breath before making my way to the top of the staircase.

Looking at everyone, they seemed scared by what had happened themselves, but I mostly saw guilt, especially in Teddy when he glanced up and saw me.

I saw a tear glisten in his eye, and that tipped me over the edge. The strong exterior I had tried to build vanished as I sprinted down the stairs, and launched myself at my favourite person apart from my Dad, collapsing on Teddy in tears.

Things had gone silent, so I knew that everyone was watching me break down and Teddy hush me, attempting to keep the tears in due to the strain in his voice.

I could feel Sacagawea's hand on my shoulder supportively, and I let her hug me after Teddy had finished.

Calming down eventually, I looked over to the other exhibits with my red eyes, and I could only see guilt in everyone's eyes. The cavemen even seemed ashamed of themselves.

Dexter swung over to me, and I felt a rather hairy kiss to my cheek, making me giggle.

I smiled despite my tear-stained face, and I think everyone breathed a sigh of relief before they all started their apologies.

When it came to Laaa, he got really protective, pulling me away from Atilla forcefully, and wrapping me in another one of his VERY tight hugs, and yelling, "Sis! Ter!"

I nodded my thanks because I couldn't breath again, before I was let go and made my way to Dad.

I cleared my throat before declaring to everybody around me, "I think, for the sake of my sanity if anything else, that we need to get this sorted... Does anyone have ANY idea what could have caused.... whatever it was that happened tonight?"

It was then that Ahkmenrah rose his hand, declaring, "The tablet... my tablet. It is corroding."

I gasped, along with several others in the room, when he pulled what seemed to be a mouldy tablet, from behind his back.

I held out my hand for it, and was handed the tablet, which I handled with precaution, scrutinizing every inch of the golden plaque, with it's shining green rust seeming to make it's way up the key to making my favourite people in the world come to life every night.

I sighed in despair before passing it to Dad.

"We'll have to sort this tomorrow," he said, watching me try and fail to supress a yawn, "Everyone needs to rest after everything that has happened tonight-"

"But Dad-" I tried.

"But nothing," he said, and I knew my argument had been destroyed at that, "We won't be able to do anything useful if we're all as exhausted as we are," he reasoned and I nodded begrudgingly.

"If you guys are okay here for the rest of the night, looking after each other, I'm gonna take Nadia home, and the two of us are going to research the tablet and everything that goes with it tomorrow morning as soon as we get up- okay Nad?" he asked, and I nodded, satisfied.