Old People's Home and Questioning Dr. McPhee

With our photocopied picture in hand, the car screeched to a halt outside the Old People's Home, and Dad and I rushed inside.

Panting, we demanded of the receptionist; "Where's Cecil Fredericks?"

Dad was in his uniform so whether or not the receptionist mistook him for a police officer and let us right in because of that, I don't know. But nevertheless, she pointed worriedly and in shock, towards a room where I could hear the dance music seeping out of.

I raised an eyebrow; dancing... in an Old People's Home... really?

I still followed Dad inside, and saw, to my amusement, an old man dancing with nearly every woman in the room. I rolled my eyes. Men.

Dad just stood stilll and smirked, waiting for Cecil to finish in his spin and face us.

When he did, his face broke into a smile, "Larry Daley!" he greeted, arms open wide as he made his way towards us.

"Cecil," Dad greeted, quite coldly in comparison.

"And who's this?" Cecil asked, turning his attention to me.

"This is my daughter- Nadia," Dad introduced, and I shook Cecil's hand.

As I watched Cecil and Dad converse, I couldn't help but find it strange. Yeah, Dad had got Cecil and his night guard friends out of jail, but he had been the one to put them there in the first place. So I didn't really understand how they were so friendly with each other.

Then said night guard friends came into the room, one wheeling the other, and the one in the wheelchair badmouthed Dad a bit, much to my amusement.

"Well, as I recall," shot back Dad, "I'm the one who got you guys out of there too."

The wheelchair man grumbled, but shut up.

"I need to ask you something about the Tablet," Dad said urgently, and in a quiet voice to Cecil.

"Ah, Larry, we've left all that behind us. It's forgotten. We have new things to worry about now. There's no point remembering the silly little things like that," Cecil explained.

Dad huffed and turned to me, raising both his eyebrows. I got it. As daft as the signal was, I got it.

I handed him the photo, and he showed it to Cecil, whispering, "Did this boy forget about it too?"

Cecil went silent, obviously recognising the photo, and said to Dad, "I think we should talk somewhere a bit more private."

He dismissed his cronies, so Dad turned to me and nodded his head towards the door.

"You want me to go outside?" I asked in disbelief.

"Sit in the car until I come out," Dad ordered, tossing me the keys.

I sighed but turned around, muttering a quick and quiet goodbye to the elderly men.

I stomped out to the car, and locked myself in it, turning the radio on and up.

Then I just stared out of the window, waiting for Dad to come out.

He eventually did twenty minutes later, and I raised an eyebrow, questioning him about why he had been so long.

He opened the car and got in, slamming it shut behind him, and sighing.

"Bad news?" I guessed.

He turned and grinned at me, "Oh I wouldn't say that."

In the car ride back to the museum, he told me what Cecil had told him; when they had uncovered the tomb of Ahkmenrah at the exhibition, the Egyptian residents had warned them of a curse and had said that 'The World would end', but now Cecil reaised that they meant the world of the exhibits coming to life every night. He had also told Dad that Ahkmenrah's parents were kept in the London in the British Museum... hence where the next part of our plan came in to play.

Dad told me to stay in the museum as he went to talk to Dr. Mcphee about everything... by everything, he would be explaining what the tablet did and how he needed to take it and Ahkmenrah over to the British Museum temporarily to fix things. Simple.

I rolled my eyes at being left out... again, but I just wandered over to the Mini Figure Section and sat on the bench, smiling at Jed and Octavius. I knew that if they were able to move, they would be grinning and hollering and waving madly at me, and that thought made me smile.

So I just sat there and looked over the Roman and Western scenes for about fifteen minutes before Dad came to find me.

He only had to tell me one thing to get me really excited;

"Yes!"