Chapter Seventeen

Adrian reluctantly walked into work, unsure of what he would see. But, good news: Sebastian Michaelis has left the house. He would no longer be working with the company. Well, to be expected. But what was more surprising is that Adrian was the one who got to fill in that responsibility. He was now in charge of Sebastian's old job.

Adrian grabbed his phone after finding out and went to go hide in the bathroom. "Hello?" Vincent answered on the second ring.

"That was fast. Aren't you in a meeting or something? I thought I would have to leave a message or five...hundred..."

"Yes, I am in a meeting surrounded by dreary men that need to up their presentation skills and they are currently all staring at me wondering who it is that I'm talking to," Vincent said. "It's my partner, if you're all that interested," he whispered (not so quietly) to the crowd. "Is there a reason for your call because if there isn't I am going to have to go back to work."

"They've given me Sebastian's job."

"Really?"

"Did you have something to do with this?" Adrian frowned.

"Dearest, if they think you can do it then I'm sure you can. With all due respect, you've only been there a short time so no, you would not have been my first choice."

"I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or worse," Adrian admitted. "Well, I'll let you get back to those boring old men," Adrian laughed. "Bye, Mr. Phantomhive, love you.~" He made a disgustingly loud kissing noise in hopes that the crowd would hear and then hung up and stared at himself in the mirror. "Are we sure I can do this?" he asked himself.

To: Adrian Crevan
From: Vincent Phantomhive
Subject: Othello's Insistent.

Othello keeps sending me emails and text messages to get me to come into his clinic. He also insisted that I bring you along. Did you have anything planned for this evening?

Vincent Phantomhive
Really Tired of Spam

___

Adrian stared at the email on his phone and snickered. "Othello was cute. I suppose I can handle it."

...

"Here," Adrian held out a small black box to Vincent before they went into the clinic.

"What is this?"

"You can't open it until Saturday."

"Why? What's so special about Saturday?" Vincent placed the box in his pocket.

"It's your birthday," Adrian's mouth dropped in shock. "Did you forget your own birthday?"

"I'm more surprised at how you know that..."

"We both have our ways, Mr. Phantomhive," Adrian grinned, opening the door before any further questions were asked.

"Ah! Yes, welcome sluts," Othello grinned from ear to ear and grabbed both of their hands, dragging them into his secluded office.

"Do you greet all of your patients that way?"

"Only the ones I hold near and dear to my heart," Othello made a heart shape with his hands and winked before sitting down in the chair across from the couch designated for patients. It was a standard office type room with the occasional motivational poster and a framed degree or two.

"Vincent," Othello folded his hands over his legs and smiled.

"Othello," Vincent crossed his legs, and arms, and frowned.