The Walk Home

Mikey's POV
So......I'm in quite a situation. Marisol and I are walking home together, and I need to tell her what happened today, but I can't bring myself to do it. I've been thinking about what Mr.Iglesias told me about how she would understand, but to be honest I don't think she will. Well....here goes nothing, "Marisol?" I tell her looking at the ground still walking beside her. "Yeah, Mikey?" She says in a confused tone. "Well, umm y-you know how I was acting weird in class e-earlier.." I say stuttering throughout the sentence. She stays silent, it's almost like she already knows what i'm gonna tell her. "So..I was gonna tell you what happened, but I couldn't bring myself to do it, I didn't want to bother you since you're getting applications for Stanford ready, but I think I should tell you so that you're not as worried for me." I keep my head down, but I notice something falling on the sidewalk, I focus on it and I realized they're water droplets. That's weird it doesn't rain often in California, but then I hear very light sobbing. I take off my hood and see Marisol with tears in her eyes. I don't care if she sees the black eye, I look in her direction. "Marisol are you oka-" She suddenly quickly hugs me tightly. "I-I know what happened, I e-eavesdropped on your conversation with Mr.Iglesias, don't you dare scare me like that, d-do you u-understand! She tells me in a mad, yet empathetic tone, while she's cries on my sweatshirt, I hug her back as tightly as I can, and I start feeling my eyes getting wet with tears. "I'm sorry, I-I should have told you I-I was just so nervous, I didn't want you t-to get distracted from your studies, I-I won't scare you like that again I promise! I tell in a loud, yet quiet enough not for anyone else from the neighborhood to hear. I move her hair out of the way and kiss her on the fore head. She smiles at me then looks at my black eye and then at the cut on my nose. "Oh, Mikey look what they did to you." She tells me in a calm, and worried tone. "You fought them for me?, I don't think anyone would of done that for me, but you did and you didn't want to tell me, because of bothering me during my stupid studies? You're the most considerate guy I could have asked for." She tells me in the sweet, caring voice I love. "I am?, I mean it was kind of stup—" I get interrupted by her soft lips touching mine. I-I guess telling her was the right thing to do, how do you do it, Mr.Iglesias? "I love you so much, Marisol" I tell her, finally calm after everything that's happened today. "I love you so much Mikey, that the love-a-meter explodes every time I use it" She tells me as we both giggle, and blush. We start walking home again, holding hands this time. We start telling each other how much we love each other in the most cheesiest, and cringiest ways.

Marisol's POV
I couldn't get mad at him, even if I was faking it. I-I couldn't hold in how worried I was, but when I let it out, h-he understood and he loved me for it. He was just so adorable, and wholesome he didn't want to tell me, because he didn't want to bother me, I mean how could I get mad at him for being so considerate. I just couldn't, but i'm happy I didn't or I wouldn't have had that moment with him. Him and me kept saying how much we loved each other, it was so embarrassing, but in a funny way. Mikey and I kept talking until we got to my house, I invited him in. "Are you sure?" He asked looking a bit nervous. "Oh, come on, my mom basically treats like family." I reach out for his hand, I feel him take it, then I pull him inside. "Hi, Mama!" I tell my mom as she looks over at me and Mikey. "Oh! Mija, why didn't you tell me you were bringing over company! She says while walking over to Mikey. "Como estas, Mijo!(How are you, my son!), "Estoy bien, y tu?(I'm doing good, and you?), "Pues ya sabes limpiando, cocinando, lo que hacen las mama's"(Well..you know cleaning, cooking, doing what mom's do.) They finish talking and me and Mikey go up to my room. "Well what should we do?" I ask him as he takes off his backpack. "You want to watch a movie?" He asks me, and I agree. We both start up a movie and halfway through it I doze off. I wake up to someone with their arm over my waist hugging me gently. I look at the clock and see that it's two hours before school. I quickly realize that the person hugging me from behind is Mikey, but I don't move, I like that he's holding me gently like this, I snuggle closer to him. I also realize that I'm wearing his sweatshirt, I smell it and catch Mikey's scent. I doze off again in his arms.

Mikey's POV
I barely finished the movie when I realized that Marisol fell asleep, she looks so cute like this I don't want to wake her, but then I feel her shaking she looks cold. I try to look around for a blanket, but I can't seem to find one. So, I come to the conclusion that I should take off my sweatshirt and put it on her. I take off my sweatshirt, and gently put it on her. I look at her and blush for a bit then, I see that it's pretty late and cold outside. I decide to stay and text my mom, she tells me it's okay to stay and start to make myself a makeshift bed with some pillows. I start to lay down as I get a thought in my head, I start to think about giving her a loving goodnight kiss. The thought starts flooding my head, should I or should I not? I finally start thinking of how cute she looked asleep on her bed, and how I want to comfort her as much as I can. I get up walk up to her and give her a kiss on the cheek then, say  "Goodnight, Marisol" I whisper in her ear, I start to move and I feel her hold my arm, I turn around and see she's still asleep, but she's holding on to my arm. Oh crap! I shouldn't try to pry away from her grasp, she could wake up! I lay down next to her on her bed, and get in a comfortable position, while she's still grasping my arm. Eventually, I dozed off into sleep, probably dreaming of Marisol.

Sorry for not updating sooner, I was super busy, I'll get back into my normal update schedule as soon as I can. That's it for today, love y'all 🖤🤍🖤🤍