05

05: SMILES AND CANDIES

     staring determined a lot of things;

staring could determine all the best angles a person had to offer. it gives off the sense of freedom—in a way—and relieves one from the problems they're burdened with. it makes your heart beat faster when the person in question catches you though. but staring for too long may be a problem.

lucas really shouldn't but he really likes looking at her from the sidelines—chou tzuyu.

now that he recalls it, this was their second meeting after the crossroad incident. they hadn't talked of any sort, just a few pleasantries here and there (the usual).

and like the usual, lucas waits around the bus stop, dangling his feet a centimeter above the solid ground as he lingers for his bus. the sun continues to gracefully die down, orange stains dominate the once blue sky.

a green bus slows down on their stop, her bus has arrived. tzuyu stands up from her seat, hands touch the golden lock of her bag and close it shut. her hair mingles with the flow of the wind, brown stray locks seem afloat. her back faces him as she turns to leave—she doesn't.

rather, she pauses for a moment, the same time the bus' doors open for any incoming passengers. her ponytail flips to the side and gives a clear side view of her face. she eyes him hastily, he catches her silent stare. nervously biting her plush lips, her mouth opens and silent murmurs come out first.

the third time she tries to formulate her thoughts, it works, "would you like to come with me?"

it doesn't take him two seconds to process the idea, but it takes one word to slip from his mouth. "yes."

the bus doors close and they're left standing, looking at each other in the middle of the bus stop.

chou tzuyu was rather impulsive,

really, being one isn't so bad, following your instincts. surviving with your naivety, but all the same goes to a dead-end of lost tracks and hopeless lives. so yes, being impulsive was a bad trait of hers, pulling a 6 footer boy to a public place where getting hooked wasn't the most terrible thing to happen.