02

02: ANGEL'S SMILE

     heavy breathing is the only thing that circles the wide space of the abandoned hallway

     heavy breathing is the only thing that circles the wide space of the abandoned hallway. there is no one in sight; rather, all the other mindful students have gone on to grab a decent lunch in the cafeteria, about a building away. it is reasonably quiet except for that damned breathing.

a shrill bang on the metal locker echoes out suddenly. a hand places itself on either side of his tall and wide frame. it seems perplexing that you'd see your not so typical view: a jocky teenage boy enclosed by a smaller grinning female.

said female nears his (already) invaded personal space, hands on his tie which automatically loosens in her grip. he tries to pry her away but her force is too adamant that he can't bring himself to it.

shame - he brings shame, to himself, to his family, to his friends, to the world. that a supposed strong male could easily over-power such a tiny girl. but he knows, truly knows, that it is all in his head and those stereotypes don't know anything about him. they don't know how weakening it is for those two intrusive eyes to roam around his entire being as if they owned it - he feels cold air crawl over him as she undresses him with just one look. they don't hear her mini-speeches of self-righteousness or narcissistic comments. they don't know how tired he is of always being this, a pet, a toy - he never started it.

the witch's red, glossy fingernails caress his jawline, patting him afterward condescendingly. she purrs in his ears of nasty nothingness and torturous pleas - something only she desires - his throat becomes acidic and puke arises from within, disgusting.

"lucas." she sings his name, a praise, hands getting antsy and nearing his nether regions. "won't you come play with me?" right then and there, he freezes. xiuying threatens him with that coaxing voice of hers that if he'd ever tell, she'd call him the molester (her long-time threat). she says no one will believe him, she says no one will love him, she says she's all he's desired. her face nears him, fingers ready to unzip his pants in a snap.

three centimeters...

two centimeters...

one centimeter...

a loud ring dings in every area and a dozen footsteps erupt from building two as it is now past lunchtime. xiuying - the devil - visibly sulks, the expression falls off her face until she turns to lucas. blood red lips pull into a full smirk before she releases him and moves away, hips swaying. she waves him goodbye and tells him that she'll be back tomorrow.

"i had fun," she chuckles before disappearing in the crowd.
he stays rooted to his place, body still pressed against the cold metal of the lockers. a smaller student comes to him and arches his eyebrow before tapping, telling him to move away. he hears a distinct "they better not have done it on my locker" and a 'tsk' sound before lucas decides he's better off back in the classroom. he hasn't even had lunch.