Meeting

My name is Delilah. I am a 27 year old woman. If you're reading this, congratulations you've found my journal, hopefully I let you read this, or  I'm dead, and if not ill kindly ask you to leave. Today, I was set up on a blind date by my best friend. Over my 27 years of life, I've had three boyfriends, all which have ended in me getting my heart broken, and yet again, letting myself be captivated by mysterious men before deciding that I would rather die alone, and being a freeloader off of my aunt, since my parents want nothing to do with me anyway. This encounter on my blind date has driven me to believe maybe it is for the best I will die alone, since all men seem to be horrible.
———————
I sat down at the dinner table, fixing my skirt as I grabbed my phone, immediately texting Kaitlynn, my best friend who had set me up on this date. 'Couldn't he have been more late? Ive went to the bathroom twice since I arrived and its been 15 minutes past meeting time, where is this man?' I texted, scanning around the restaurant as I called for the waiter to get me a coffee. Around 5 minutes later, I watched as a man- barely dressed for a "date" approached me, and stared at me. "Delilah, right?" I nodded, and he immediately sat down, and called for the waiter right off the bat. I scoffed, pushing my hair behind my ear. "Jamie, is it? You're a bit late, I hope traffic wasn't too bad on your way here." I rolled my eyes, and leaned back in my seat. The streets were empty.

"Of course, otherwise I would've come sooner." He leaned in closer to me "You look a bit, different than I would have imagined."

I stared at him in shock, shifting in my seat as I wondered what he could have meant. "You look different as-well, do you dress this- poorly- everyday?" I stared at his t-shirt and jeans, as I fixed my skirt.

He stared at me, raking back his long brown hair as he analyzed me with his stunning blue eyes. "Of course I dress like this everyday, no need to dress up to meet somebody that i'll never see again. Ive been on plenty of these. All you girls want is a one night stand, so lets get this over quickly, shall we?"

I immediately stood up, grabbing my wallet and slamming the money on the table. "Thats for my meal, and may we never meet again." I grabbed my purse, and headed for the door without looking back at him.