A Name Is A Spell

Ria had spent days in the library trying to think of people who would purposefully put Harry Potter's name in the Goblet of fire. She figures she should start with potential ways of tricking the magical item, and see who is capable of doing so.

The Goblet of fire is a truly smart object, it could detect the most capable warrior just by having a piece of parchment with their names on it.

"Names, names..." Ria murmured, causing Madam Pince to look at her. She rushed to the shelf and yanked out an old dusty book.

Your Name Is The Shortest Spell

I say no pretty words,

I have no flowery vows.

Your name is the only thing,

I can say it out loud.

It's the shortest spell,

my heart will never unlock.

It's the simplest curse,

a trap I'm willing to fall.

"A name is a secret weapon,"

That's what Asian warlocks would tell.

We see it cross culture,

as Odysseus hid it so well.

Our names have great power,

hopes and stories are entailed.

Your name is all I murmured,

the last time I fell hopelessly in love.

Comparing the number of strokes,

I make sure the matches go well.

Practicing writing it out,

I throw in hearts to complete the spell.

                                                                      Repeat it a thousand times,

in case a hundred isn't ample.

I do it with immense joy,

but also bitterness, what if it fails?

The Goblet of fire could identify that Fred and George were cheating just by having their names. In many non-Romance languages,each character has different numbers of strokes. Ria has heard that Chinese people believe there are certain numbers of strokes that create a good match, certain numbers combined will result in a cursed marriage. Before a couple gets married, the parents will compare the number strokes to make sure this unity is blessed. Similarly, one's name, birth date and hour are to be considered the most powerful weapon in Japanese practice. All warlocks keep those information about themselves as the top secret because the enemy could easily cast curses on them if knowing those informations.

Along the same line, Chinese people believe one's calligraphy reflects one's personality, some fortune-tellers can make incredibly accurate prophecies based on one's way of writing or selection of words. The name that was put into the Goblet of fire, it has to be written by Harry himself then, otherwise that would be the first thing the Goblet of fire detects and eliminates. The question is, how did the person get Harry's name and how did he manage to trick the cup afterwards.