Chapter 2

The next morning, I woke staring into a light bulb and with cold sweat sparsely layering my body. Wiping some of it off, I sat up. It was odd; not the fact that I had woke covered in sweat, but they fact that I hadn't remembered even a second of a dream I had had. My night had contained nothing but a dark, dreamless doze, as far as I was concerned, and, like always, it had lasted for nothing but seconds. Shaking the thought from my mind, I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and got off my bed.

"Good morning, Red," I greeted when I saw him sitting upon his bed, eating the breakfast that had been promised by the school. Putting his fork down, he pointed to the desk on the side of the room opposite the beds, and my vision followed. Placed on top of the desk was a tray and a few covered plates as well as another envelope. Assuming they were for me, as Red had an identical set of his own, I went over to observe them closer. Sure enough, the envelope was addressed to Cestian (though by the smell and traces of White-Out, it had likely been previously addressed to 'Lucario'). Opening it, I began reading the contents.

Dear Cestian, (more White-Out)

Today, being your first day, will be performed in a different routine than most. You are to report to you first period class, which is always your therapy session, located in room 14. Classes start at 8:00 AM, so be sure to arrive on time. Tardiness will be rewarded with a detention. At your therapy session today, you will receive your schedule and a map of the school to aid you in getting to classes on time.

On a normal day, you will eat breakfast in the cafeteria at any time you would like before class. As to keep you punctual, the cafeteria opens at 7:00 AM and closes at 7:55 AM. Once again, being tardy to class will earn you an hour long detention with the principal. Lunch is dismissed during third period, f a 45 minute break, and you are allowed to go to the cafeteria for dinner anytime after 5:30 PM and before 7:00 PM, as you are expected to be in your dorm by 9:30 PM, unless you have permission to be out. Accessing the cafeteria or being out of your dorm after curfew will earn you a detention.

Each day is composed of five periods that are approximately an hour and a half each. The first hour is always your therapy session and to give students a proper education while here, other courses such as math, science, history, and English are provided. Classes end around 5:00 PM. In the time before and after classes or during a study hall period, you are allowed to access the library, computer lab, gymnasium, and other rooms colored red on the maps, as well as ask teachers for help in classes. Every Wednesday after classes, you are to go to the conference room and meet with your fellow students.

On occasion, there will be breaks in which students have a free day, as well as half-days every Saturday and Sunday.

We hope you have a wonderful stay at our academy.

Sincerely,

SSB Academy Staff.

As I finished reading the letter, I couldn't help but snort. "Have you read this?" I asked, gesturing to the letter. Red nodded, rolling his eyes as he nodded towards the paper, indicating that he thought it was just as full of crap as I did. "This... this is so... false." Red nodded in agreement again, and, before I could start ranting, tapped his wrist. It took me a second to realize what he meant, but finally looked at the time: 7:40.

"Oh, thank you," I said as I grabbed my breakfast tray and sat down on my bed to eat. I opened the dishes and observed the content. The first held two rolls in it, which I was glad to have, while the other contained scrambled eggs. I stared in shock and disgust at the dish that had been prepared, when Red came over and swapped my eggs for his rolls. Looking up at his sympathetic smile, I returned the expression and thankfully bit into one of my rolls. Out of all the horrid things I knew I was going to go through at the academy, I was glad that I was roomed with someone else from the Pokemon sector. It was the little things, like Red knowing that Pokemon hatch from eggs, that made all the difference.