Chapter 20: 纸袋

纸袋

Fun fact: I've already wrote at least 1,500 words for this chapter and consider it done but for some reason I didn't publish it which is unusual for me because once I started writing it here as a draft, right after I finish a chapter, I immediately publish it. When I'm about to publish the original chapter for this, an idea suddenly came to me so I deleted all of it and write the new one which is what you're going to read.

THANK YOU FOR 10K READSSSSS

STAY SAFE, BE HEALTHY AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS.

*_*

KUN

The nurse finished her job in bandaging my left hand, I'm quite thankful that it's not my right hand that got injured. She said to not move it too much and to avoid getting it wet at the first 24 hours then coming out of my peripheral vision, I saw a staff rushing towards us.

The staff carries a paper bag in her hands, making me curious as she handed it to the nurse which the latter gratefully accepted and smiled at the staff, "Thank you." the nurse said. The staff just nod her head and got back to her post.

The nurse faced me, "Here." she said handing me the paper bag. I tilt my head to check and gently get it from her, "What's this?" I asks but I'm already checking what's inside. The nurse look at me, "It's painkillers, you'll probably feel the pain at night so in order for you to have a good sleep, you should take that." she said, smiling at me.

I muttered my thanks to her as I'm about to stand up and exit the mini auditorium because my manager is waiting for me outside when all of a sudden, the nurse grab me by the arm, "Wait!" she said, opening her medical kit as she rummaged through it, searching for something.

I tilt my head, looking at her confused. "What is it?" I politely asks. She then brings out a weird looking sticker from her med kit and smiled at me, "I need your paper bag." she said, pointing at the paper bag in my hands. "Why?" I asks her, genuinely curious. She just rolled her eyes at me and get the paper bag herself. Then she starts attaching the sticker in it, I tilt my head looking at her, waiting for her explanation.

She just smiled at me, "Oh, it's just that every time that I give my patients this sticker of mine, their illness or injuries heals a lot quicker than usual that's why it becomes a habit of mine to give stickers to my patients. It's sort of works as a lucky charm for me." she said as she seems to reminisce some of her patients, then she handed the paper bag back to me with it's new decoration. I look at her, "Well, thank you." I said.

She just nodded her head at me as she ushered me to go home and take a rest. I bid my goodbye at her and the staffs as they all bowed at me. I rush to the elevator and fortunately I can catch up just in time, immediately pressing the button.

The moment the elevator doors opened, I didn't expect that I would be welcomed by Liu Yuxin. I noticed how she back up to the corner and widened her eyes upon realizing that it is me who will board in.

The girl who made me lost my mind for the past few days. She didn't bother to meet me or to reply to my letters and when I saw her earlier with Xueer, they both look too sweet for my liking. I can still feel the sudden surge of anger and jealousy filled within me which leads me into crushing the poor 'hand clappers'.

Keeping my gaze at her, I start to enter the elevator, making sure she felt uncomfortable with my presence. Then, I turn around as my back is facing her and I press the button for ground floor. I smirk as I noticed how she let out a sigh of relief the moment I turn back at her.

The moment we reached the first floor, the elevator made a sound but somehow, the door won't open. Yuxin is already standing beside me, ready to go out. I press the open button but the doors won't open, I look at her, "Why won't it open?" I asks, tilting my head.