Calling for help

((Rachel's POV))
"Come on guys I know you have it in you!" I yelled as they showed absolutely no effort. "Rachel, we love you but this is pointless we aren't gonna win!" Jane said and left with the others following. "Oh come on! I don't coach quitters!" I called back and sighed. "Having fun Rachel?" Kurt asked walking in. "OMG hi!" I quickly hugged him. "Hey. Having trouble with the whole Regionals plan?" He asks and I nodded. "It's like they don't want to win! Mr. Shue was so much better at this....." I said sitting down. "You know you could use some help ask Mr. Shue for advice" Kurt suggested and I gasped. "Exactly! I need help! My mother could help too!" I said squealing. "Perfect! But careful your mom seemed harsh no offense" Kurt added walking out. "Bye Rachel I'll be back later" he said and I waved grabbing my bag running to my car. I drove to Mr. Shue and ran in. "Rachel....hey" he said plainly and I walked to him smiling. "I was wondering if I could get a little help. No one will listen to me!" I explained and he sighed turning towards me. "I'm sorry Rachel but I'm kinda busy so could you come back maybe....after Regionals?" He asked and I groaned. "Mr. Shue you don't understand I need help getting them prepared for regionals!" I respond and he turned back to his papers. "I'm sorry but I can't help right now. Ask someone else" he said and I scoffed. "I'll be back. With the regionals trophy" I said and he chuckled. "Of really? Sit down Rachel I want you to see something. guys!" Vocal adrenaline walked on stage and I sat down. "1,2,3,4,!" A girl called out and 'Hit me with your best shot' began to play. "Well your a real tough cookie with a long history.....!" I wasn't even listening I was watching them dance flawlessly and in perfect sync. "So?" Mr. Shue asked and I stood up. "My team is so winning" I said trying to sound assured but it came out nervously. I walked to my car and drove to moms house. *knock, knock* She opened the door holding Beth. "Hey Rachel! What brings you here? Come in" she said and I walked in closing the door. "It's the new directions....they won't listen it's like they gave up!" I said sitting on her couch. "You gotta be firm. Show them just now badass you are. Make them feel like they are nothing without this trophy" she said. "But I want them to feel special even without it!" I said standing up. "Well first they need a show face witch Jesse could definitely show you" she said and I gasped. "That's it......Jesse......" I said and she tilted her head. "If we combined our amazing talents together and show them what they should look like then you will be flawless thanks mom!" I said and ran out. "Um bye! She called out as I got into my car and grabbed my phone. "Jesse? Hi it's me Rachel as much as it hurts to say....I need help. Call me if your interested" I said and hung up. I got a call almost a second after and I quickly answered.

Rachel: hello?
Jesse: Rachel. Hey what do you need
Rachel: uh w-well my glee club, the new directions, they aren't listening and I had an idea that maybe we could sing something that could uh um....
Jesse: show them what true talent is and show them that working hard is better than not working at all?
Rachel: yeah how'd you know?
Jesse: Shelby
Rachel: oh okay so.....you in?
Jesse: sure I'll be there tomorrow
Rachel: thank you so much! This changes nothing though....
Jesse: I know goodbye Berry until tomorrow
Rachel: bye
I hung up and cheered before driving home. Aka Kurt's parents house. "Hey Rachel. How's it going?" Burt asked and I shrugged. "Okay I guess. The new directions aren't listening and I had to team up with Jesse......" I said and Carol came in. "Really? Isn't that the boy who-" I nodded. "Yes Jesse St. James" I said and sighed. "Sorry Hun. Hey maybe he can help you-" I cut her off. "Never." I growled and went to Kurt's room. "Girl talk time" I said and he nodded.
******
"Jesse! Didn't think you'd show" I said hitting my bottom lip. "Anything for you Rachel" he said and I looked away. "Okay guys this is Jesse and we are gonna show you what effort you guys need to win that trophy at regionals" I said and looked at Jesse. "You first" he said and I told the band to play 'lips are moving' and I had Madison and Jane stand by my sides. "If your lips are movin' if your lips are movin' if your lips are movin' then your lyin' lyin' Lyin' baby" I sang and Jesse looked at me kinda shocked. "You can buy me diamond earrings and deny-ny-ny deny-ny-ny Deny-ny" I was dancing as the girls tried to follow my lead. "I know you lie cause your lips are moving tell me do you think I'm dumb?!" I looked over to Jesse a few times. "Baby don't you know I'm done" I went to continue the song but Jesse interrupted with a new song. "Guess it's true I'm not good at a one night stand" he began and I looked at him wide eyed. "Will you hold my hand? Oh won't you, stay with me? Cause your all I need" he continued and I had them play mine again. "Hey baby don't you bring them tears!" I sang as he continued his song. "But darling stay with me" Jesse and I were in some kind of song battle even Jane and Madison sat back down. "Stay with me/ baby don't you know I'm done" me and Jesse just stood there face to face. "Um okay schools over bye!" Mason said and they all left. "I want you back Rachel" he said and I backed away. "No....I-I can't just NO!" I said and grabbed my bag leaving. What just happened?