Chino Sylveria

Chino's POV

"B-Babe!"

Grace ignored me and continued to walk towards my office's door. When she was about to open the door, she stopped.

She looked back and glared at me. "Rot in hell with her!" sigaw niya at tumingin pa kay Nurse Joy. She rolled her eyes and totally went outside of my office.

Napabuga ako ng hangin at halos mahampas ang mesa. This is crazy. She didn't even let me explain and just got angry and jealous like what she always does. But even if I want to be angry or get annoyed, I can't.

Tumingin ako kay Nurse Joy. She gulped and immediately averted her gaze. I just told her to go and forgot what happened. She was about to apologize but I immediately raised my right hand to stop her. "Just go, please."

Wala na siyang nagawa at lumabas na lang ng office ko. Pagkalabas niya, napaupo na lang ako. I unbuttoned the first two buttons of my polo shirt because I suddenly felt suffocated. I heaved a sigh and stared at the door.

Even if I want to chase her and explain myself, I still have an upcoming operation in thirty minutes. And knowing how bad her temper is, siguradong aabutin ng isang oras bago niya ako tuluyang pakinggan. Then another one hour for her to believe that I am saying the truth. At isa pang oras para tuluyan kaming magkaayos.

I rested my back and shove my hair away from my forehead. Napakuyom na lang ang kamao ko.

I took my phone and called her number. Hindi ko siya pwedeng puntahan ngayon dahil nga may naka-schedule akong operation ngayon. But I can even at least try to talk to her over the phone.

She rejected the call so I called her again. I called her several times but she kept on rejecting my calls. Until she totally turned off her phone. I cursed under my breath and kicked my table out of frustation. But I almost scream in pain because of that.

Ano bang iniisip ko at sinipa ko 'yong lamesa? Tss.

I just cooled myself inside of my office. I breathed in and out for a several times. If I will do the surgery with a messy mind, I might mess up. And I won't let that happen because our patient's life will be in danger. I could think my problem about Grace after the operation. But now, I should forget about it. Just for now.

Naghanda na ako para sa operasyon. I wore what I need to wear and made sure my hands are clean. Hinugasan ko ng mabuti ang mga kamay ko at nagsuot na ng surgical gloves. I went inside the operating room. Nadatnan ko na ang iba sa loob at mukhang ako na lang ang hinihintay.

I took a deep breath. "Let's do this."

---

"Good job everyone!" I said with a smile. They clapped their hands with happy smiles on our faces. The operation was successful and the patient is already headed back to his room.

Lumabas na ako ng operating room at hinayaan ang kapwa ko doktor na magpaliwanag sa pamilya ng pasyente. Now, I have another battle to face.

I went inside my office. It's already six in the evening and my schedule for tonight is free. That means, I could beg on my knees all night if I want to. I just laughed that idea. Though, I am really willing to do that just for Grace to hear me out.

Kinuha ko ang susi ng kotse ko at naglakad palabas ng hospital. The patients along with the nurses greeted me. I just smiled at them and wished for the patients to get better. After all, pasyente sila sa hospital ng mga Sylveria. And I treat every patient here as I my family.