Chapter 1

I have always hated humans.

Whether if it was their small smirk.

Annoying stare.

Or their downright fucking terrified face whenever they faced something they don't like. 

I just fucking hated their guts. 

I looked down at my golden watch, impatience nipping at my heels. 

It was again the day of our yearly hunting ceremony.

One that should be celebrated for. 

This happened each year, and with the misfortune of being of most powerful Alpha, I was forced to attend the goddamn event.

It was tiresome, boring, and yet completely stupid. 

It is said that each year, in exchange for the protection of their villages and cities. We would come around and pick up some of their pitiful humans, throw them into the forest, and as it began, we would let them run ahead, and then mercilessly slaughter them, one by one.

Though I saw no point in chasing humans when we can just as well go into their villages and kill them ourselves. This tradition seemed to be passed down from ancient times, and to disobey them would, as they say, break the rules of the fine alpha ways.

Fine alpha ways my ass.

Being an alpha comes with many responsibilities. 

We swear on our lives that we will protect our own people at all costs.

Because of this, our fellow omega wolves offer us their undying loyalty as an exchange. 

But no matter how many followers you get.

No matter how many wars you won, No matter what items you own.

There was something that was out of my reach.

It was pitiful, laughable even, that a great man like me could be made fun of by my own fate.

My own destiny.

I secretly wonder if this was punishment.

Punishment from the moon-goddess herself, for killing all those people.

Both wolf and human.

Having no mate is a shameful thing.

And through my wolves don't dare to say it aloud.

I know, they too, would want a Luna wolf to look up to.

I have grown increasingly weaker day by day.

The idea of not having a mate hunting me.

And if this continues, this idea will follow me forever.

All the way until I meet my grave. 

*****

Elysia

It was finally the day, the day I was dreading for years. 

A silent tear rolled over my cheeks, and I stared at the scene before me.

My family was wailing, my parent's lips were forced into a thin as my younger sister was bawling unshamelessly, begging my parents to not let them take me. Her little form kicking and screaming while my mother held her hand tight, not letting her run to me. 

It was as though my parents had any say over what was to happen to me. 

"Oh my dear Elysia," cried my father, going up to me and cupping my cheeks, wiping the water droplets away from my face.

"We'll be fine. We'll promise that we'll be fine."

I nodded too, letting a few tears pass my watery eyes.

Today was Hunting Day. 

A day of sorrow for the whole village. 

It was a tradition set thousands of years ago, rumored to be by the Luna Goddess herself.

It was said that each year, for a female child born on the Month of the Luna Moon. The females had to be bought to a dark forest to be hunt by werewolves, as part of a sacrifice ritual. 

Over the years, it has seemed to be formed into a sort of sport, by the werewolves, something for their enjoyment

Our angry villagers had demanded justice to be held. But what can do you, when you are faced with a pack of ruthless, killing, inhuman wolves that could wipe out your own village?

My mother cried as she came forward and gave my hand a squeeze. The strong guard behind me binding my limbs into the iron restraints.

I noticed that the guard was wearing gloves.

My chest soared with rage. 

Werewolf.

As a piece of cloth was tucked over my eyes, blocking out my vision, I silently wondered if I can take out the hidden pocket knife stowed in a sash underneath my stomach, and plunge it into his figure.

The logical side of me shot it down, telling me that the knife should be saved until we get to the forest. And that it would be no use to use it here, as I doubt it will do any damage.

Voices of shouts, wails, and cries could be heard as I stepped outside into the village gravel. Some families unwilling to let their children go. 

I was saddened at the thought and tried my best to block out my ears.

I had accepted my fate a long time ago.

I had realized that even if I did live in a village of plenty, with good friends, food, and family.

Even if I had all the things I needed.

What good would it do if you were to lose your life to something you have no control over?

I scoffed as another thought popped up in my head.

What good would it do to be alive, when the Moon Goddess herself ordered to let you die? 

*****

Done with the first chapter! Let me know if I should make any changes to it! This will probably be edited in the future!