2: I Have A Thing

Author's Note:

Alrighty, so this has been one of my most requested one-shots wanting to be extended into a two-shot or more based on the comments pleading me sweetly with emojis to add a part two. Which really helped. Plus, I have a soft spot for this story and also the folllowing trope. You'll know it when you see it! Ps. Certain authors have also inspired this chapter, which I'll explain at the end. If you think you might be one of them, let me know and I'll tell 'ya!

Also this is somewhere in a timey-wimey slight canon divergence au or not au really but whatever...

Let's just get to the story! This is set as a partial AU of the events around the timeline of GA-S3-E14 of "Wishin' and Hopin'. Also, in this partial AU, Addison did not sleep with Mark at the hotel already. To be clear and upfront about that... Also MerDer is not really active right now. Because I don't really have the patience to write anything more than Derek just pining over Meredith who turned him down repeatedly without telling him why.

bobbiejelly

Fever

Meredith Grey has a fever, Addison Montgomery helps.

Chapter 2: I Have a Thing

'I have a thing for bathrooms,' -Villanelle, in Killing Eve. But this is really a Grey's Anatomy fanfiction I promise. The quote is just the chapter summary...

"Do I have to sing?!" Meredith Grey groans at George O'Malley after hearing his preposterous suggestion.

"Well, you don't have to sing, but you certainly have to show up and be supportive of the people who get up and sing," George O'Malley explains.

"And why are we doing this again?" Meredith asks him.

"Well, Joe and Walter are planning on having a baby soon, and they've picked out a surrogate, and Dr. Montgomery is going to help them and-" George begins to explain.

"Wait, Addison's going to be there?!" Meredith asks in alarm.

"Probably, I mean she's Joe and Walter's baby doctor," George O'Malley shrugs.

"Okay, I'm in," says Meredith easily, trying not to make it obvious she's only doing this for the super hot redhead she has a massive crush on.

"Thanks, you know, I just feel like I owe Joe and Walter after everything that happened," George says.

"You saved Joe's life and his bar and his livelihood with the whole 'donating his body to science to pay off his medical debts,' thing," Meredith offers, and George smiles because Meredith remembers this.

"Yeah, and then Joe and Walter showed up to thanksgiving dinner while I was out in the woods with my dad and kept Izzie company so I'm thanking him for that," George smiles.

"Weren't Cristina and Burke also there?" Meredith asks.

"Yeah, and guess who wasn't there- YOU. Because you were all macking on Mr. McDreamy," George frowns, saying that he's still a bit mad about this.

"You weren't there either! You were shooting a turkey with all your brothers and also your dad!" Meredith says frustratedly.

"And then my family member got shot in the ass by another family member both of whom shall not be named so I think I get a free pass on that, plus we both ended up there at some point I think maybe," George says. "Plus Alex showed up, didn't he?" George offers.

"Yeah, I sent Alex in. I was spying from outside the window but I didn't want to harsh the vibe with my 'I detest Derek,' mood so I let you all eat dinner in peace," Meredith offers.