The Lost Ring

BANG!

I sat bolt upright on my bed when I heard an explosion outside my bedroom, followed by the arguing and scolding.

Pushing my hair out of the way, I grabbed my alarm clock and my heart sank when I saw the time. I got up; quickly running out of my room and claiming the only bathroom in this house.

"It's taken."

I shrieked when I saw my little brother inside the shower. I covered my eyes and pointed out the door.

"Get out! Now!" I ordered him.

"No, I was here first." He protested.

"I don't care, Sam, I'm late for the first day of work and I'm not taking any crap from you or anyone today." I say madly and I heard him shuffle out of the shower. "Thank you."

After taking the shower, I went back to my messy room to get ready. I dressed in a black sweater with shorts and coral colored heels. I did a natural look with my make up and did my hair into a braid around my head, looking like a crown and topped it with a bow on the back.

I went downstairs and into the kitchen where my family was having breakfast at the small round table. I had three brothers: Eliot was the oldest (24), Sam and Jack were twins and the youngest (12). I was the middle child, being 21 years old just out of college.

"Aren't you going to eat--Jack, take that thing outside!" My father saw me pouring coffee into my traveling cup and scolded Jack when his lizard jumped on the table.

It was always like this. Talking and scolding between each other.

"I'm late, Dad." I say and left in a hurry.

I was in the garage getting into the car. Eliot had followed me and observed me with crossed arms. Before getting into the car I looked at him.

"What is it, Eliot?" I say softly. He was always overprotective of me and I knew he was doubtful of this new job.

He shrugged, "Just want to wish you good luck... And to be careful."

"I will." I smiled and waved at him when I backed the car out of the garage.

My new job was on a TV show set. I had worked really hard for this job. In college I studied to be an interior designer and graduated perfectly. In this job I was going to be in charge of the set designs. I passed the interview a few days ago and I'm already late for the first day.

I made good time by driving like a maniac and got there just in time. I entered the main office and gave the secretary all my information.

"You're good to go. Here's your earphone, you'll use it to talk between the workers and give orders since you're a boss now." The secretary smiled at me, handing me the black earphone.

"Thank you! I'm so excited and also a big fan of the show." I say.

"Then you'll be more excited to know that they're filming right now. They actually need your help on organizing the next set." The secretary says tersely, obviously giving me the cue to leave.

I ran out of the office and down to where they were filming. It was all so cool seeing the cameras and everyone at work, bringing the show to life. The producer greeted me and introduced me to the workers that would help me to do everything I say. I went over to the new set I had to organize.

It was the Vampire Diaries set and I was actually in the "Salvatore house" which was actually a big set in a building. I watched the show, but not always since there was only one TV at home and all I did in college was study.