The Unexpected

Turns out I really did have the flu, but after a week I was back to normal. A few weeks had passed since we got back from Hawaii and everything was good.

Leo had moved out of my apartment only to move into Ian's because Ian moved in with me. Living with Ian was much easier than I thought. Eliot lived with the twins at our old house.

I was driving down the winding road with the twins in the backseat since I was taking them to summer camp. Two whole months of them being away. Eliot was celebrating, but I was a nervous wreck.

"Please don't burn the place down." I say, looking at them through the rearview mirror.

"Please, don't kiss your boyfriend again." Sam and Jack say in unison.

I took off my sunglasses and glared at them, "What have I told you about being in my stuff? Worry about yourselves."

"Are you going to marry him?" Sam asked and Jack scrunched up his nose in disgust.

"Not unless he asks me." I say.

"So it's serious?" Sam says and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yes. I love him. You know that."

"More than us?" Jack whispered.

I frowned, "That's what you're worried about? That I won't love you if I get married? Guys, I love you just as much as I love Ian. When you grow up and have that special girl in your life you'll understand."

They remained silent the rest of the ride until I pulled up to the camp. I parked the car and helped the boys get their luggage out of the car.

"Alice Quinn. It's been so long!"

I turned around and saw a young man wearing scout clothes. He had dark brown hair and green eyes, also a birthmark on his chin that looked familiar.

"Do I know you?" I say, peering at him over my sunglasses.

"Freshman year. First kiss. Ring a bell?" He says and I recognized him.

"Nicky?" I say in disbelief and he nodded. "Oh my gosh. Aren't you a little old for Boy Scouts?"

"Ha,ha." He laughed sarcastically. "Nope I'm a counselor here now. My father brought this place a few years ago."

"Wow. That's something." I say, and leaned on the car while he tried to flirt with me.

"You've changed a lot since you were twelve." He ogled me and I cursed myself for wearing shorts and a cut out tank top.

"Thanks. You on the other hand..."

"Hey! I'm on the job, I don't always wear these ridiculous clothes." He says defensively and I laughed.

"Okay. Did you graduate high school at least?" I teased.

"And college. I work here in the summer and my main job as lawyer." He says proudly and my jaw dropped.

"Are you serious? That's awesome." I say surprised.

"Why does everyone has the same reaction?" Nicky laughed and I chuckled. "Hey, I heard you're dating the boss."

"What? No, he's not my boss. Well, not technically, but he is my boyfriend." I say.

"You really became someone amazing too. Remember when we were both going to be astronauts?" Nicky smiled, making me laugh.

"Yeah. Life really throws you a curveball... Well, it was nice seeing you again." I say, giving him my hand to shake.

"Aren't you staying? Today's family day and we're all going to the lake."

"I can't, but I'll be here for the Fourth of July." I say with a smile and he nodded.