Chapter Thirteen -

Peter had started drinking again. His mind was clouded with thoughts of what Bucky was going through otherwise and the thought of that kept Peter from being able to focus. So he was mildly tipsy in his kitchen, surveying each base.

In the last few weeks, it had been narrowed down to three bases they could attack. None of which would be particularly easy targets. Peter had been inside of all three and was combining what he and the spider remembered with the very few documents he could find online.

No one in the tower seemed to understand the importance of picking the right base. They all just want to run in and save the day without even worrying about the consequences. Apparently the one person who should be thinking irrationally was the only one able to think rationally.

The three bases were; The Phoenix, The Citadel, and The Oracle. They had a real problem with starting base/operation names with 'the'. Though it did seem to keep people from knowing what on earth they were talking about.

Peter was leaning more towards The Oracle but wasn't sure. He was taking his time. Hydra had so many secrets within their secret's secrets, you could never know.

----

After another week, Peter had decided. They were going to attack The Pheonix and Peter already had a battle plan, an escape plan, and an everything already went wrong plan. Easy version: he was prepared and well prepared at that. The only thing he had to do after that was prepare the Avengers for Hydra fights. There was not a single soldier outside of Sokovia that would just give up.

----

After two weeks of training, which was hard to do since no one wanted to get training from their son or nephew or his friends. Finally, Peter felt they were ready enough. So, they were all on the quinjet going over the plans again. After about half an hour, everyone agreed to rest up, other than Clint and Natasha who were driving.

"Land here," Peter said as he stood up using a bar to stabilize himself.

"Peter, we are miles from the compound," Natasha said as she looked to her nephew.

"Yeah and if they see us, they can call for back up before we take them out," Peter said as if it were obvious because to him, it was.

"Landing now," Clint said.

The Avengers sneaked up on the different soldiers who were posted in the vicinity slowly. Once the guards around the perimeter of the perimeter were gone, some being killed by Peter, others being knocked out, they enacted their plan.

Clint, Natasha, Rhodey, Wanda, Thor, and Steve all went to the West Wing to cause a distraction while Scott, Vision, Sam, Loki, and Bruce went to the East. Leaving Peter and Tony to get in undetected.

Within minutes, the compound fell into chaos. Peter and Tony had no problems getting to the command center through the ventilation. They dropped down and per Tony's demands, Peter only knocked most of the agents out.

"Stand guard at the door, I'll figure it out," Peter said as he plugged in a very large USB and began typing away.

Tony smiled to himself subtly as he did so, "I told you our way is better,"

"I can't believe it, but you were right," Peter said as all of his focus went into the encryptions.

It wasn't long before things started to go wrong. First, Natasha noticed that some of the guards were heading into the building. Then, Clint noticed that some form the other wing were too. They never said anything as they assumed the soldiers were retreating, but oh they were so wrong.

After a few moments, Peter saw the call pop up on the screen.

"Shit, guys they know it's a setup!" Peter yelled as he buried.

"How do you know that?" Tony asked.

"That symbol," Peter pointed without looking, "Get ready for at least thirty of 'em," Peter said as he tried to finish.

"You better hurry your ass up," Tony nodded before aiming his blaster at the door.

"Language," Steve said quietly.

"Did he really just?" Tony looked to Peter.

"I think he did," Peter said.

Once Tony became busy with the soldiers out for the father and son's intestines, Peter planted a bug. Then he continued searching.

"You almost done yet, kid?" Tony yelled as he began to have trouble.

"Almost," Peter said.

"Fuck!" Peter yelled, "Get the hell out of here, now!" Peter yelled as he jumped out of the window. Tony flew out. They all seemed to be lucky enough to get just out of the blast radius enough to be okay. Though Wanda had been hit by a piece of rubble and her head was bleeding, everyone seemed to be just fine.

"Did you get it?" Steve asked out of breath.

Peter held up the UDB, "I have enough to finish narrowing it down," Peter smirked as he twirled it in his hand.

"Peter, you're bleeding," Tony said as he looked at Peter's head just at his hairline. Peter placed a hand to his forehead and brought it down to his vision. His fingers were covered int he red metallic liquid.

"He'll heal it'll be fine," Natasha said slightly concerned by the fact that it hadn't already started.

"No, it won't," Peter sighed, "Not for a few hours at least."

"Why?" Clint asked, "I thought the whole point of superpowers was not having to deal with bleeding,"

"In all Hydra built bombs, there is a deactivating agent for Hydra given healing. That way, if they blow you up and you're stuck, you''ll die like you were supposed to," Peter explained, "It should have worn off in about, I don't know, four hours?" he guessed

Do you guys prefer The Paradox or Starchild for the base in which Bucky is in?I think I am leaning towards the Paradox...