Chapter 4: Courage

Inosuke's POV

So... that was Aoi... huh? The one that had the same handwriting as those posters I've found... she was the one who wrote my letter? I wonder...

 "Inosuke," I turned around to see Zappy tapping on my shoulder with a lusty gleam on his face, "are you planning to find out that girl for that letter and take them out to the dance? If I were you... I would do that. Ah... I know exactly who I wanna ask out..."

Chuckling, I leaned back towards him. "Oh yeah? And who is that?"

"Ne... zu... ko..."

Quickly, there was a slap onto Zappy and Zappy let out a loose cry.

"T-Tanjiro!"

"That's my sister!" He takes a breath and sighs gently before giving a small smile. "I don't want any funny business between you and my sister. It's weird though... having you take my little sister out to the dance. But she was well-known for her beauty in my neighborhood."

"How far do you live again?"

"30 minutes."

I rolled my eyes, turning back forward. My eyes darted into my backpack of the folded letter from this... secret admirer... if it was Aoi... I just had to know. A dance is typically not my thing- especially going out with friends or... secret admirer. Should... should I... maybe?!

*   *   *

The bells were chiming, alerting everyone that school has been finished. Everyone quickly got up from their seats, rushing out the classroom doors. I, on the other hand, didn't rush out too quickly. I had a business to finish. 

Walking towards the student council room, I saw that girl. Her butterfly pin and her blue hair was popping from the room. She was busy... writing on some sort of paper?

I wanted to speak to her- to say something to her... about that letter... but could I really do it? As I stood there, peeking in the room, sweat began to drip down my forehead. I wanted... I wanted to ask. I wasn't a coward. But coming this far already... I didn't like how it was going. This moment really taught me something...

Girls are quite scary...