Chapter 5: Advice

Aoi's POV

Studying never felt so... good. I spent all of after school in the student council room- just working on homework. The bell began to rang, and I hurried home. Though... subconsciously... it felt like there was someone there... just watching me. I brushed it off, thinking it was nothing but just... me being stressed. 

I walked on home, nearly wanting to doze off. 

*   *   *

"Aoi... I think I'll get asked out by that Murata guy..." Rise says as she hung out on my bed. Her feet being kicked in the air as I was looking over papers for the dance in the upcoming weeks. "Word is that he's been looking for a date..."

I chuckled a bit, thinking back to that one letter I had sent. "Murata... huh..."

"So- how did it go?"

"What go?" I thought a bit, lighting up with the idea. "Oh- the proposal of the dance! It actually went well and-"

Rise shook her head, waving her hand. "No, not that, Aoi. The letter. Did that boy get the letter? Did you see his reaction? Did he say anything to you regarding that letter?"

"W-Well..."

"Aoi, what happened?"

Regrettably, I looked down, sighing heavily. "I... I gave him the letter... through his locker... but he doesn't know who wrote it." Behind me, Rise was quickly losing her cool when I said that last part. Not to mention she also freaked out about what I said next. "I got too nervous, Rise... I... I didn't sign my name..."

"What?!"

I brushed it off, sighing heavily. "It... it didn't... I don't know... I'm sorry, Rise..."

"You need to make sure that he knows who wrote that letter. Aoi, my advice is for you to go and send another letter- but this time- write your name. He can't say anything to you if he doesn't know you. I don't think guys like playing these games to find who has a crush on him. Make it easy and simple. Don't play a mind game."

I sighed, shaking my head. So much guilt had swelled up- I thought I was coping well with this... guilt inside of me. 

"Aoi, you heard me?"

"I heard, I heard..."

"Get to it, Aoi!"

*   *   *

The clock was ticking around 11 pm... and I was still met with a blank piece of paper. How could I write this next letter to him...? I poured my heart and soul on the last one- well... the last one was a poem... what should I do?

The next thing I knew... I passed out. But what I dreamed of was the inspiration of my next poem. Hopefully... Inosuke would understand.