Chapter 7: What to Do?!

Inosuke's POV

The dance... the dance... the dance... butterflies. Wait... something isn't right. Right. The dances aren't right. They aren't nature. Butterflies are. Very beautiful. Gah... I hate dances... nobody does... but... does she want to go?! She was hoping to go?! Gah!

I take a deep breath, trying to calm my beating heart and breathing slowly. Slowly inhaling and a heavy exhale. Alright then... a dance... a dance... that's too difficult. But if what she wrote in her letters were true... does she like me... and if so... what can I do to prove that I'm worthy...?

Don't tell me the only way is to... take her... to... the... dance...

*   *   *

Aoi's POV

"Rise, I don't understand..." I say as we were walking over to the cafeteria. "I finally revealed to him that I actually... I actually wrote those letters. He found me. And we were talking about the dance... before he... he ran off..."

Rise chuckled a bit, holding her tray of food. "Come on... you don't need to fret too much. Guys are just like that. He didn't say 'no' now, did he?"

I shook my head. "No... he didn't say that. He just dropped the subject..."

"Aoi, I think you're in a good spot." Rise says with a wink. "He didn't have a definite answer just yet. You still have a chance, Aoi. Just give that man a chance to answer you by giving him time. Maybe send him more of your letters in the meantime. Might help him convince him that you're the best date."

Rolling my eyes, I sighed and grabbed a few trays of food onto my tray. "I don't know... the last two letters were all I got... I don't think I can make anymore-"

"Aoi!" She cries, elbowing me a bit. "Have confidence in yourself! Your letters are amazing! It's well-written- everything! Don't ever doubt yourself like that. Oh, and if he does reject you- give me his name and I'll track him down."

Once more, my eyes rolled. "I don't think he works like that... he's a chaotic boy..."

"Let me get this straight," she says, "you, the prestigious valedictorian here, and you're in love with a boy who's so chaotic? Interesting..."

"No one has complete control over who they love, Rise. Besides my problems- how's Murata? Anything new with him?" I say with a sarcastic tone. We both laughed as we quickly paid for lunch and found a table. I just hope that... well... Inosuke makes up his mind pretty quickly soon.