51 | The Letter

Somin wiped her tears away and suddenly heard her phone ringing. She groaned and took it from her desk. She saw the caller ID marking Jin. She stared at it for a few seconds and took a deep breath before answering.

"Hi." She sniffled silently.

"Hey..um...are you sure I can't see you? I seriously need to tell you something."

She shrugged to herself. "Can you do me a favor?" she asked in a sad tone.

"Y-you're crying?" he asked all of a sudden making her eyes widened.

"N-no. Why would I be?" she lied while standing up from the bed and looking at her reflection in the mirror.

She heard him sighing at the other line.

"You can just tell me. What happened?"

She closed her eyes rubbing her tense neck as she was hesitating to ask him. "Can you...take me to visit someone...in jail?" she asked carefully and regretted it as how bad it sounded.

"In j-jail?" He stuttered. "Who are you visiting?" he asked curiously.

"Can you or not?" she asked ignoring his question and not wanting to tell him that Jisung is part of her family.

"Somin, I don't think you have the age to go in there and I'm seriously worried about you. I'm going there."

"What? No, Jin, please," she begged but he had already hung up the phone.

She put down her phone and almost screamed annoyed and pissed off. She groaned. "Damn sh*t. What am I gonna do?" she mumbled and went downstairs.

"Aunty Chae!" she yelled while searching for her aunt around the house.

She wasn't really searching for her uncle but he didn't appear anyway. None of them appeared. She frowned and went upstairs again. She walked to Jimin's room and twisted the door knob without a second thought. She looked around the room and noticed him laying in Jungkook's bed upside down with his head turned to the side and with earphones plugged in his ears while he was holding his phone in one hand. He had his eyes closed and was bopping his head a little with the sound of the music he was listening to.

She sighed and rolled her eyes before approaching. She shook his body making him jump and open his eyes. He turned around to face her and paused the music in his phone. "What?" he asked.

"What are you doing?" she asked dumbfounded.

"Trying to sleep. Isn't it obvious? What do you want?" he asked while sitting down.

She crossed her arms and opened her mouth to speak but they heard a door bell ring echoing through the house. Her eyes widened and he looked up at her.

"Are you waiting for someone?" he asked while she scratched the back of her head nervously.

"Are aunt and uncle here?" she asked back and he frowned before shaking his head.

"No. They went out."

She gasped in relief and she turned around before running downstairs. Couldn't be more lucky. She went to the front door and quickly opened it. There she saw Jin with a concern face.

He smiled softly. She smiled back. "You can come in. My aunt or uncle aren't here."

"Oh." He was taken aback and got surprised. She opened the door wide for him to enter the house and he came in.

"I feel like I'm doing something illegal," he said while looking around.

She froze as the words were so familiar to her. Like she had heard them before but she couldn't remember where she did. She shook her head before closing the door and turning to him.