PROLOGUE

Flashes of cameras are heading my way the moment I stepped out from our car. Microphones are directed at my mouth as questions were asked. I only answer them with a slight smile and continued walking in the red carpet while being sorrounded by personal security guards just until the stairs.

"Kenny! Look this way, please!" Someone shouted from the crowd.

I stopped at the third step. Giving the crowd what they want, I turned around facing where I heard the voice. Flashes blinded my vision but still, I mananged to smile, strike a pose, blow them a kiss and finally went inside the building.

The people inside were those people who have high status in the society. For example, politicians, celebrities, international models, businessmen, worldwide athletes and many more. They look stunning in their pastel-colored ball gowns and black tuxedos.

As I walked around the venue to find my family, I bumped in some friends and classmates and exchange brief conversations. I'm the one who wanted to make those conversations short because I am itching to find my family. There are some other guests that wanted to have a conversation with me but after their compliments, I said my thank you's and then politely excused myself.

I saw my younger brother waved his hand while smiling, like he was very excited to see me. I smiled back and hurried to their place. I kissed his cheek several times before kissing my parents'. I sat beside my brother and waited patiently for the program to start.

Not long enough, all guests rise as the host of the event announce the entrance of the President of the country along with his family. People clapped their hands with amusement and respect.

"Welcome everyone and thank you for accepting our invitation. I hope all of you will have a good time enjoying the food, the place and the party." Said the President.

After his words of welcome, we sang him a good old birthday song as he blows the candles with the shape of the numbers seven and five. The first meal was served afterwards.

I can say that the party is wonderful. From the decorations to the food, it is well prepared. The waiters and waitresses were professionals while they serve the meals and drinks. It was a complete package of perfection!

We were entertained by known dancers as we finished our meals with a dessert. We had a funny conversation among our table with two other elite families. Talking about the men's memories back in their college days. We were laughing like we all experienced it first hand. Until it's our turn to greet the President and present our gifts to him.

We bowed our heads and courtesy as a sign of respect. Father and Mother thanked the President before introducing us.

"Mr. President, I would like to introduce to you my son, Kairon Liam Samaniego and my daughter, Kenny Lilith Samaniego, heiress of Himalayas Hotel and Restaurant." He said.

The President smiled and put his hands on my brother's head for a second then turn to me and did the same. It was a pleasure for us to be in front of this most highly respected man.

"My! What beauty does your daughter has, Mario. She is amazing! I can feel that she is going to be a great leader someday. I can feel it." the President said.

I felt my cheeks blush for a moment. He is my idol! Those words from him will forever stuck in my heart. His words mean a lot to me.

"I am flattered with that Mr. President. I am honored to hear these words from you." I smiled at him.

"Of course she will be a great leader Mr. President. After all, she is a Samaniego. Ruling runs in our blood." Father proudly said.

We bid our goodbyes to the President and his family. Father has a lot of unfinished business left in the company and he has to have enough rest for tomorrow.

Going out the venue was not easy. People were a bit tipsy and blocking the way out. It was a relief when we finally stepped outside. Unlike earlier, we took our exit at the back of the building with security personnels scattered to the whole parking lot. We didn't waste any second to get in the car and went our way home.