Chapter 12

"I'll give you the best years
Past love burned out like a cigarette
I promise, darling, you won't regret
The best years"

Crystal's POV

Mess. My room is a mess. There are clothes everywhere. I've about an hour and a half till Alex will be here to pick me up for the family dinner. I don't know what to wear.

Should I wear a dress? What if it's a bit too much? Jeans? Too under dressed?

I let out an frustrated groan.

Should I call in sick? Nope, I've to make a good first impression. I sighed and went back to hunt.

Thankfully, I showered earlier.
After 20 minutes I finally decided on what to wear.

I decided to wear a black knee length dress, with a beige coat that goes down the same length as the dress and a black short heeled pumps.

I kept my make up as natural as possible and kept my hair down all wavy.

By the time I'm done, it was 7:42pm. I've time to calm my nerves. I went to the living room and sat on the couch as I waited for the time to pass.

While scrolling through my phone, I heard the door bell ring. I checked the time and it was 8:05, which meant Alex is here.

I jumped up from the couch, checked my make up , straightened my dress and walked towards the door, took a deep breath.
And there was standing the man himself, with his glory, holding a bouquet of flowers. Dahlias. My favorite.

"You look gorgeous Crystal", he stared deeply into my eyes. I blushed.
"Thank you Alex, you look handsome" I blushed more and looked down.

He chuckled and handed me the flowers. I excused myself and went inside to place the flowers in a vase and returned.

"Ready?" He held his hand out, I took it and nodded. "Yes".

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Alex's POV

She looked so freaking beautiful, it hurts. We were all sitting at the table with my mom and dad across. They were getting along quite good. They were all laughing and embarrassing me.

"Do you want some more pasta my dear?" My mom asked softly.
I can sense the nervousness in her voice.
Why was she nervous you may think? Well, my ex wasn't very respectful towards her the first time I bought her home. She was upset cause it wasn't a 5 star restaurant.

"Oh no thank you Mrs. Richards. I'm already full", Crystal said shyly while looking at her plate.
I smiled at her, my mom relaxed as well as my dad.

"Why you don't like it." My mom asked jokingly as dad laughed.

Crystal's eyes widened, "no not at all. Everything's really good, delicious. It's been a long time I had pasta. I love it, it's really good", she rambled. And we all laughed.

She blushed and laughed nervously.

"She's a keeper son" my dad said, laughing.

Crystal blushed more and looked at me.

"I know dad, I know" I said, looking at her and smiled.

--------------------------------------------------

Song:- Best years By 5Sos

Enjoyyyyy ❤️