Anthropologie

sticky name
for a store
which codes
black people
Nick and Nicky.

from Wikipedia:

"Anthropology is the scientific study of humans, human behavior and societies in the past and present. Social anthropology studies patterns of behavior and cultural anthropology studies cultural meaning, including norms and values. Linguistic anthropology studies how language influences social life."

A store chain with a name like 'Anthropologie' affiliates its brand with the meaning of the very word. In the case of the aforementioned shop it is an outright example of how interactions between humans of different origin, beliefs and preferences are observed in our contemporary societies.
Where the products of this company are a reflection of the branding of thrift-like and secondary design items which have a high level of copycat characteristics, their policies seem to do a similar thing.

A company which brands parts of their customer populace by using the n-word associative names 'Nick' and 'Nicky' just for having another complexion is indeed an archetype of the prejudice that has stained humanity and its societies for ages. In that sense one could argue the name of the shop is appropriate. Weren't it for the fact that the companies reaction is one of political correctness, with which they feed their phantom of innocence on the subject.
It is therefore incomprehensible that a company policy like the one mentioned can even exist under its very name.

To affiliate a brand name with a social science like Anthropology demands a level of consciousness and responsibility which goes way beyond any of the excuses the companies management outed to get rid of this stain.

It is therefore I ask you politely to reconsider any purchase at these stores, apparently these people only listen when they feel it in their wallets. So let them have it, with our feet we can all vote these kind of stores into oblivion for good.