Chapter 2

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING: Violence⚠️

"Put your hands in the air now!" says a cop aggressively.

"Sir, I'm sorry but what did I do?" my dad says as my mother squeezes my hands. 

"Put your hands in the air before I shoot!" the cops say once again not giving an explanation.

My dad puts his hands in the air and three cops tackle him to the ground. A sickening crack is heard as my dad's head hits the hard concrete ground. "Stop it! Stop it!" I yelled, "My daddy didn't do anything wrong!" I yelled through my sobs. 

"It hurts! Please stop!" My father yelled squirming on the ground. "Stop resisting!" the pigs continually said. My mom tried helping my father when then an officer shot her in the stomach. "MOMMY!" I screamed. "Why did you do that?" one officer asked the other. "She's black! I felt in danger when she came up to me!"

-

I woke up gasping for breath. I had the dream again. Ever since my mom and dad were brutally killed by three officers I've been having nightmares of the incident. I looked at my surroundings confused about where I was. Suddenly, all the memories from yesterday came back to me. I sighed in relief and looked over at the other side of the bed. Tank had been staring at me with a concerned look on his face. 

"Are you okay y/n..? You were crying in your sleep." You finally realize the tears streaming down your cheeks and quickly wipe them away.  "Y-yeah I'm okay, a bad dream that's all.." 

You decide to change the topic as you didn't want to discuss what you dreamed of before he asked. "How about I make breakfast today? I'd like to pay you back for yesterday."

"Sure, I'd like that." Tank says smiling. You notice how husky and deep his morning voice sounds...that's quite a turn on.

Tank gets up and heads to the bathroom while you go ahead to the kitchen. You decide to make something simple so you get all the ingredients you need to make an egg sandwich with some bacon. Tank had come out of the bathroom and plopped down on a chair watching you make breakfast admiring the way your body moves as you hummed a familiar tune. You turn to look at him and place a plate in front of him. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" You ask. "Like what?" he innocently says startled by your question. 

You giggle by his confusion and god...how beautiful that giggle is, how he could sit there and listen to you all day Tank thinks. You begin to eat the food you made and so does Tank. You watch as Tank devours his food as if he hasn't eaten in what seems like months. You chuckle at that and begin scrolling through Twitter on your phone. "Wow, you make pretty good food. Where did you learn to make such good food?" 

"I learned on my own, I guess since I had to grow up on my own for half of my childhood I just learned how to cook." You say blushing by his compliment. "Are you going to the protest today?" you ask. "Yeah, I am. I can take you too if you'd like," he says watching you nibble on your bacon. 

"Sure! I'd like to tag along, thanks." 

You finish up eating and begin getting ready to go to the protest. Dressing into your clothes from yesterday, Tank walks in and hands you some knee pads and elbow pads. "You're gonna need some protection so have these." You thank him for his thoughtfulness and you both head out to the protest. At the protest, people were chanting quotes like "No justice! No peace!" and "Black Lives Matter!" I joined the chanting when Tanks tell me to stay close by him. I raise my eyebrow at this but decide to listen. Tank was quite the sight, he towered over everyone in his gear. Seeing how confident and courageous he is made ten times more attractive then he already is.