Chapter 5

|AN|:Hello y'all, guess I get to update today after all. Anyways, I hope you like the way the story is going. If y'all have suggestions, pls let me know. And  OMG! I have 62 views already, I can't believe this. I probably sound like a squealing Chihuahua, but thanks so much anyways, it means a lot to me. Love y'all, my lovely readers!!

~

"Valeria!, what a pleasant surprise!" Pedro said, moving closer and giving her an appreciative once - over.

Valeria looked from Pedro to Édnanté, to Pedro again and then, back to Édnanté. This man was the same as the other man - aka, the one she just kissed. And this man recognized her immediately, while the other guy hadn't...and....f**k sh*t! It couldn't be...or could it?

"Hey bro. I see you've met my twin brother, Édnanté. Éd, Valeria." Édnanté knew more than to ask, Pedro was sure.

So it was...,she'd asked for the junior...and obviously, the unsuspecting old woman had thought she meant the younger of the twins. But she hadn't even known that Don Pedro Alejandro was a twin!

"Valeria?"

"Uh, yeah, I met him. You two look pretty much alike." She forced a smile.

"So, I've just been keeping Valeria company. I'll leave you now, I have stuff I wanna do." Édnanté said, the sneer in his voice was not lost on Valeria, who pursed her lips nervously. He smiled at his brother and left the room.

"So, to what do I owe this visit, Valeria?" Pedro asked, settling on a sofa and indicating that she should sit, too. Valeria perched on the edge of her seat, wringing her hands.

"Oh, excuse my impoliteness, what would you like to have?" He asked.

"Ice water, please." Valeria replied.

"Alright, Abigail!" He called. The elderly woman from before, came into the room.

"A glass of ice water and another of scotch with ice. Thanks." The woman raised a curious brow at  Valeria before leaving.

"I asked a question." Pedro stated.

She'd imagined him asking that question a hundred times since she'd decided to tell him, and it had been pretty quick and easy when she told Édnanté, but he was not Pedro. This was Pedro, with all his airs of authority and his famously charming smile on - which had once captivated her, but not after seeing Édnanté's smile and kissing those berry lips........ Not now, dummy! Gosh, she couldn't believe she was comparing the brothers, one she'd had sex with and got impregnated by, the other she'd kissed - and made an enemy of -  and worse still, she was having a hard time forming the sentence and telling Pedro.

   "Well, um, I...found out last month, that  I.., err,"she glanced at him. His eyes were curious and his lips twisted in a thoughtful expression.

"You found out what?"

Abigail came back into the room, carrying a tray with two tumblers, a jug filled with water and ice cubes, and a bottle of scotch. Valeria sighed, Abigail could not have come in at a better time. She filled the two glasses and left.
Valeria reached for her glass of water and sipped to calm herself.

Then tensing, she took a deep breath and said,"I'm pregnant." She blurted it out and looked away. There!, she'd said it.

"What?"

"I'm carrying our baby. Look, I don't need your help or anything, I just thought...."

He cut her short,"So you plan on keeping me away from my child?"

"No, not that. I just think it'd be better if we can reach common ground on child custody, you know...since we're not married or anything."Valeria sighed, hoping he'd understand, subconsciously rubbing her developing baby bump.