Chapter 19

-Talahan's POV-
I lay on my bed in my room even though I'm supposed to be getting ready for our Christmas Double-Date. I think back to how sick and bored she had looked for the past few days, then bring my mind to a happier scene, dinner. The way her eyes showed more life and the color of her pale, sick-looking skin now back to its original fair color. Then, after I had given her the box holding her present, she carefully opened it. The twinkling of thankfulness, awe, and joy in her eyes making me smile when she saw it.

My thoughts left a big smile glued onto my face. I checked the time and decided that I had to start getting ready. I took a two minute shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. I went to the mirror and fixed my hair to make it decent. I head out of the bathroom and into my closet. I pull out my best black suit and tie. As I'm walking out, I stop by at my full body mirror to make sure I look okay. I walk to Scarlett's room grabbing a white rose on my way and put it to the top left pocket of my suit.

I reach her room and wait in the door way, watching as she does her hair.

"Hey babe," I say.

She finishes up and stands up, "Very handsome."

"You look impossibly beautiful. You make me feel unworthy to even be in your presence."

She walks over to me in her black, skin tight cocktail dress that brings out her curved body. Her black, glossy heels clicking against the flooring.

"Am I really that intimidating to you?" she questions and kisses me real quick.

I smile, "Maybe."

She giggles, "Come on, we ought to go get Carrie and Kyle."

I hold out my arm and she hooks her arm around it. We head down the corridor in silence.

We reach the room in which all of us are to meet up and find Carrie and Kyle sitting down on the couch. The two of them looking very excited.

"We've got big news!" they say unanimously while standing up.

"What is it?" Scarlett asks obviously intrigued.

"We have a pup on the way!"