Chapter 35

-Carrie's POV-
It's been an hour so Kyle is pushing me in a wheelchair to receive our children. When we arrive, my doctor is standing at the door. He shows a look of sorrow on his face.

"Carrie Terranova... I am truly sorry about what I'm about to say... Tyler has cancer..."

-Unknown POV-
I run trough the forest as quick as my four paws would let me. I can't wait to see them again! Then again, they probably don't even know me. I haven't seen them since they were little bitty cubs. I should be there on the full moon, perfect timing.

-Talahan's POV-
Scarlett and I had just finished the movie when we found out that Carrie was in labor. I couldn't be there immediately because I had to talk to my Beta.

Lately, Tamaskan's been acting as if he were at a crossroads. I'll be talking to him in the morning because I want to see if it's just because he could sense something odd that we haven't.

Scarlett and I get pajamas on and get in bed.

"Scarlett?" I say more like a question.

"Yes?"

"Do you know how much I love you?"

"I believe so."

"Well, take what you think my love is for you, multiply it by infinity, and take it to the very center of your heart. You still won't know my love for you because that's no where near how much I love you."

She smiles, "I love you so much A. K."

"I love you too. I love making you smile and or blush. Both look so cute and adorable on you."

She turns in my arms so that she's facing me and smiles. I hold her to me tightly, protectively. I kiss her then we both fall asleep together with smiles on our faces.

-Tamaskan's POV-
"Good night, Tamaskan," Mason whispers to me.

"Good night, Mason," I say back, smiling.

A few hours later, I'm still awake while Mason is still sleeping. I get up to go to the bathroom, not knowing the window was open.

As soon as I walk past the window, I'm flung over the balcony, still held up by the edge of my shirt.

"I sense you turning on me," says a familiar and scary voice.

"I-I'm not!" I whimper out, fearful of my life.

"You should have completed your task by now! What is taking so long?!"

"I have to make them trust me. Just give me a little more time. Please. I promise I'll get the job done if you give two more months."

"Fine. Two more months. That's it."

Next thing I know, I'm flung back over the balcony and into the room. When I look back up, he's gone. I get back in bed, not feeling the need to go to the bathroom anymore. I fall asleep in fear.