Unexpected

Chapter 2: Unexpected

       [ Everyone experiences unexpected things... It's normal, nothing unusual.]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(A/N: Sooo... eto na ang chapter two... after how many years,, gumagana na ang utak ko ahehehe...)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aria sat under a shady tree near the soccer field and rested her head on the tree's trunk while her eyes are shut closed. She was thinking of the days she had spent in her new school.

She had a wonderful month in this school. . . New friends and great teachers. . .

"Hmmm. . . So far so good. . ." Her lips twitched into a smile.

"Here you are. . ." A baritone voice whispered beside her.

She quickly opened her eyes and looked to her side, only to find a guy smiling at her. . . Who? Who else, of course its Josh—the smiling guy in the previous chapters . . . Remember?

Her forehead creased. "What now?" she said hissing.

"Ouch!" Josh said and clutched his chest then acted like he was somehow hurt. "Is that how you treat your best friend?"

Her eyebrow rose up. He thinks—no—he claims HE is HER best friend? Hah! Not because she befriended him he could label himself HER best friend. She faced Josh with her eyebrow still raised. "Assuming again aren't we?"

Josh pouted. "Well you could have at least considered the thought, 'ya know." He stated childishly.

She secretly smiled at his childish behavior. Since the day that they became friends she had noticed that Josh is somewhat childish, and she always find it cute.

"Well, anyway, I just--" He suddenly stopped blabbing that made her looked at him. She noticed that he was staring . . . at something behind her. Her curiosity got in to her so she followed his gaze but, when she was about to look behind her, Josh suddenly neared his face unto hers. Because of the sudden gesture, she flinched away from his face that made her bumped her head on the trunk that she was leaning on.

"Aww!" She almost cursed because of the searing pain.

"Are you okay?" Josh asked.

She glared at him, sending a mind message that says Do-I-look-okay?!

"O..kay, I get it. . . Let me see . . ." He pulled her head and started inspecting it like a pro. But she knew otherwise.