ta reine

song ta reine by angèle & making love by sir woman
an alex imagine but Alex with an a at the end.

My whole life I've been put up against any girl who dated Alex. The thing was I never have or had the intention of dating Alex. Alex and I were inseparable. Wherever he and Matt went, I wasn't far behind. We told each other anything and everything, so it wasn't a surprise when he told me about a girl he took a liking to. I, of course, was happy for him until I met her.

Holy fuck. She was gorgeous. I felt like I had dreamt about her in some point in my life. Her smile gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. I felt like crying at how pretty she was. I pulled myself together and shook her hand. "Hi, I'm y/n."

"I'm Alexa."

Her voice sent shivers down my spine. It was so familiar yet so unique. I had to remind myself that this was the girl Alex had a crush on. I couldn't do that to him. Fuuuc-

"Are you alright?" I met her eyes filled with concern. As cliche as it was, it felt like I got lost in them. I'd never acted this way towards someone. Was I sure I wasn't dying?

"Yeah...yeah I'm okay." She gave me a hug before she walked back towards Alex. Great. I had a crush on my best friend's potential girlfriend.

But she could be your potential girlfriend.

I mentally swatted those thoughts away. I just hoped I wasn't asked to be a bridesmaid at their wedding. No, that's fucked up. I had to be happy for them.

You do realize they aren't even dating yet, right?

At this very moment I wished I could beat up the me inside my head. I watched them across the table, but I really didn't pay much attention to Alex at all. My attention was focused on Alexa. Even their names fit. I moved my gaze when I realized how creepy I must have looked. My only hope right now is that they aren't officially together.

That was until a few months later they were. Absolutely marvelous. My coping mechanism currently was denial. Somebody told me that after 4 months a crush becomes love. Utter bullshit. Yeah sure she was adorable. Like when she threw her head back when she laughed or when she pouted when she couldn't get her hair a certain way. That doesn't mean I love her though. Well, maybe my feelings were stronger than I first realized.

From the day they were official and onward, I pretended to be okay with the fact that my best friend and girl that I loved were in a relationship. That was until I started seeing less of them together.

I wasn't oblivious to the fact that relationships weren't always perfect, so I didn't think much of it. I was going on about my day locked inside my house when sharp knocks broke through the tranquil silence. Out of the few people that visited me only one person knocked like that.

I opened the door to reveal Alexa with red, puffy eyes. "Lexi? Oh my god, are you okay?" I immediately pulled her into my arms. I felt her relax and lean into my touch. A few minutes later I felt her start shaking and letting out sobs. I felt a lump in my throat. I hated when she cried.

"Hey, what's the matter, love?" She looked up at me with those beautiful eyes plagued with tears.

"I-" She stopped herself before continuing. "I told Alex the truth. I really thought I loved him, but it was just what I wanted to believe. I didn't want to hurt him, I swear."

Knowing Alex he would probably write about his heartbreak. It was his way of coping. I didn't want to pick sides. On one hand, I love Alexa, but Alex was important to me too. I would just have to support both of them through their struggles.