→ KPOP FACTS #4: GIRLS' GENERATION (소녀시대) ♡

KPOP FACTS

FACTS ABOUT GIRLS' GENERATION 소녀시대

• Other names for the group: SNSD (So Nyeo Shi Dae or So Nyuh Shi Dae), Soshi

• They are under S.M. Entertainment.

• They officially debuted on August 5, 2007.

• Fanclub name: S♥NE (pronounced as so-won)

Taeyeon's Profile

Birth Name: Kim Tae Yeon (김태연)
Stage Name: Taeyeon
Nicknames: Taeng, Taenggoo, DJ Taenggoo, Tae-Tae, Umma, Kid Leader
Birthday: March 9, 1989
Position: Leader and Main Vocalist

Facts:

- She was born in Jeonju, North Jeolla, South Korea.

- She has an older brother and a younger sister.

- She is a member of the ballad group 'S.M. The Ballad'.

- During her pre-debut days, Tae-yeon was inspired to become an entertainer by BoA.

- Hankyung described Tae-yeon as having "an exceptional voice and sad tone".

- She appeared on the MBC's reality-variety show We Got Married and was featured with comedian Jeong Hyeong-don.

- Taeyeon is known as an OST queen due to several of her successful TV soundtracks.

- Taeyeon and Seohyun were cast as voice actors for the Korean-dubbed versions of Despicable Me and its sequel Despicable Me 2. They dubbed the voices for the characters Margo and her younger sister, Edith.

- She is one of the members of Girls' Generation's sub-group TaeTiSeo or TTS.

- Taeyeon's phone was once lost and it was found inside the refrigerator.

- Taeyeon talks while sleeping.

- Taeyeon run away several times from the dorm during training days because of exhaustion.

- Taeyeon wants to be a math teacher.

- Taeyeon Fans name is TaeGang unite.

- Taeyeon hates 'aegyo'. She once said she had a hard time acting cute in Gee.

- Taeyeon can do the highest notes in SNSD followed by Jessica.

Sunny's Profile

Birth Name: Lee Soon Kyu (이순규)
Stage Name: Sunny
Nicknames: Aeygo Queen, Energy Pill, Danshin, SoonKyu, Sunny Bunny, Sun Buns, Variety Show Queen
Birthday: May 15, 1989
Position: Lead Vocalist

Facts:

-She was born in Los Angeles, California, United States.

- She shares a birthday with her two older sisters.

- She is the niece of Lee Soo-man, the founder of SM Entertainment.

- Sunny composed the logo song for her radio show, Sunny's FM Date on MBC FM4U.

- Sunny played the lead female role Brenda Strong, in the Korean production of Broadway musical Catch Me If You Can.

- Sunny hides foods and keeps chestnuts in her purse.

- Sunny is the smallest member of SNSD.

- Sunny once said that Yuri's sleep talks are the most extreme and toughest she'd ever seen.