Chapter Six: Days in the Hospital

All day long I was lying on the bed. Just resting. I feel like I was an unwanted person. No one came in to visit me or to check me. Some doctors just came in and go away. It is getting lonely here.

        Finally, my mother came. She looks very awful today. Her eyebugs just got a little bigger. But she looks so happy to see me again. She sat besides me again and this time hold my hand. Her eyes shredded into tears.

        Not a moment too soon, she pass asleep in an instance. That was awkward. But not to worry, another visitor came. Actually there's two of them: Anthony and Caroline. They came in with presents. This two will get rid of the boredom here.

        "Hey Liam," Caroline greeted me.

        "He can't talk yet so..." Anthony repiled.

        "Oh," she was surprise and sat next to me.

        She looked into my eyes, "Hey. I want to thank you from yesterday. And I am sorry for everything."

        I raised my hand and touch her face gently and she hold my same hand softly. It was intese to me that my vitals started to rise. 

       Anthony smiled, "You guys are so sweet. I'll just leave you guys here." 

       "I have to go. I'll see you around again," she said and left.

        My day is already complete just by seeing her. Apparently she left real soon. Then a doctor came in right after they left.

        He woke my mother up and said, "Good evening Mrs. Donovan. Your son here is now better. But he must stay here first for further medications."

        "How long should he be here in this room?" my mother asked.

        The doctor looked at me and answered, "Not long enough. I estimate 4-6 days I think depending on his condition."

        The doctor left. We were overwhelmed but the news. 

        "Did you hear that? We're finally going home now Liam," my mother said in joy.

        I just smiled at her and hold her hand. It was my answer to her. The only thing that I could do.

        Hours later, everyone is pass asleep. The lights were turned off and it is probabbly late. I have sleep problems and can't sleep well. I closed my eyes for the last time and opened it and saw a magnificent view.

        I was standing on a grass plain filled with innocent creatures, crawling and flying. Then I saw the same girl from my previous dream.

        "Hello?" I said.

        Curious to meet her again, I followed her. I observed her and reminded me of someone. But it was pretty obvious that she was wearing a white dress. Her hair was just like somebody. She turned around and finally recognize her. Just guess who it is.

        "Caroline?" I asked. 

        She ran uphill and I chased her. We were laughing and having fun chasing each other. Downhill was full of surprises. There were lot of vegetations here. The grass are tall, lots birds nests and lot of dandelions scatters from the wind. 

        Caroline suddenly tripped. She rolled over on the dandelions and they all floated away. I laugh at her and approached her.

        "Hey are you okay?" I asked.

        Her face suddenly gets mad and pushed me.

        "Rrrr..." she said and turned away.