1

excuse all mistakes ™

Madelyn 'Maddie' Moore
📍San Diego High

Maddie walked through the long hallways

Maddie walked through the long hallways. Everything seemed gloomier. Sadder. Ever since Mallory Jacobs commited suicide, nothing has been the same. Madelyn wasn't close to the girl. At least thats what everyone thought.

Flashback

Maddie sat in study hall, fidgeting with her pencil. She was trying to study but found it hard to concentrate. The shelves of books seemed much more interesting than her calc homework at the time. Just as she began packing her things, someone approached her table. "May I sit here?"

Maddie looked up to see a dark haired girl who's hair hung just below her shoulders. "Yeah of course" Maddie spoke. "I'm Maddie" She introduced herself. The girl extended her hand, looking into Maddie's honey brown eyes with a sort of spark in her blue ones. "I'm Mallory." Maddie shook her hand and everything went off from there.

Present

"Mads!" Maddie broke out of her trance and looked in the direction her name was called. "Hey, Angie" Maddie turned to her locker and unlocked it all while Angie held her books close to her chest. "Hey! I was wondering if you could come over and help me with something"
"With?" Maddie looked into her eyes. "Something." Angie said more seriously. "I have to babysit my brother. My parents are out of town" Maddie explained. "Bring him with you. Please, it'll be quick" Tati glanced over both of their shoulders. "Fine. I'll be there at 9:30. You better be ready" Maddie shut the locker after grabbing a few books and walked away, leaving Angie with a smile and a feeling of success.

•••

Angela 'Angie' Levy
📍 Home

Angie got dressed quickly and walked out of her two story suburban home

Angie got dressed quickly and walked out of her two story suburban home. "Studying at a friends" is what she told her parents when they asked where she was going at this ungodly hour. "Come on, come on" Angie watched the clock on her phone tick away.

9:29:56

She counted the 4 seconds in her head and then put her phone away. Right on cue, a blue Honda pulled up. "Come on" Maddie said from the driver seat window. Angie hurried down the porch steps and got in the passenger seat of the car. "Hey, thanks so much" Angie smiled. "Anything for you" Maddie winked playfully at her friend before starting down the road. "Hey, Trav" Angie turned around to look in the backseat where Maddie's 14 year old brother, Travis, tapped away on his phone. "Hello Angie" Travis turned his phone off to give her his full attention. Thats one of everyones favorite things about Travis. He never hesitated to give you his time. He was there whenever it was needed. Angie smiled softly, showing her pearly whites. "How's high school?" Angie asked.
"I love it. It sucks though because I only see you guys before school and during passing periods" Travis frowned. He was never afraid to express his love for anyone. "Don't worry, I'll be over there this weekend" Angie said, ruffling his freshly down twists.

"Promise?" Travis asked, laughing softly at her gesture.
"Promise" Angie confirmed with an air kiss.