Chapter 5

*Brittany's point of view*

After that whole scenario with Angel or Sera or whoever the heck she is, I appeared back in my room after seeing that weird white light again. I didn't want to think much of the fact that me and my friends are important for the world's balance and survival. A lot has happened, so I wanted to go to bed. However, before I had the chance to change into pjs, I heard screaming outside my house. I look out my bedroom window and I see a man and a woman arguing on the sidewalk in front of my house. Didn't really think much of it. I was too tired.

Trouble in paradise, I thought. I was pretty curious about what they were arguing about. So I did what any normal person would do: go walk up to them. When I got outside, only the woman was there. She looked to be around my age, but seemed very poor. Her fawn brown hair was in messy curls, she had bags under her eyes, and was wearing sweat pants and a sweater. I walked up behind her. 

"You good?" I asked her. I heard her sigh a bit.

"Yeah," she replied sadly, not facing me. "Just relationship problems." When she said that, I knew that it was none of my business.

"Well good luck with that," I said, before heading back inside, leaving the woman standing there in the same spot. I then changed into pjs, then headed to bed.

*Molly's point of view*

"MOLLY GET DOWN HERE! BRITTANY'S HERE!"

I wake up to my mom screaming from downstairs.

"Why the hell is Brittany here this early?" I asked myself. So I got changed then headed downstairs. I saw Brittany talking to my mom in the living room.

"Not to be rude or anything but what the hell are you doing here?" I asked, exhausted. "Do you even know what time it is?"

"Yeah," she answered, crossing her arms. "It's literally one in the afternoon." I just yawned. 

"Whatever."

Brittany laughed.

"So what do you want to do today?" she asked. "Considering what happened last night."

"Don't say it so loud," I quickly responded. "Unless you want the whole world to know." Brittany rolled her eyes. Suddenly, my phone rings. I look down, then answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Molly," Billy said. "Do you and Brittany want to come over later? I was thinking that you two and George and my girlfriend can all come over to hang out. You guys can finally meet her today."

That was one thing about Billy. He didn't want us meeting his girlfriend because he wanted it to be a surprise.

"Yeah sure we will be there soon," I replied.

"See ya soon."

"Ok bye."

I hang up the phone then look at Brittany.

"I guess we are meeting Billy's girlfriend today," I said. Brittany laughed.

"Let's go," she said, then we headed out the door to meet this mysterious girlfriend.