INTRO./PROLOGUE 1.

Blaire Marshall was the last child and only daughter of the Marshalls. She was of an Asian background. Her best friend Anna Clarkson was British. Blaire spent most of her life in Britain with Anna's family. They had been friends since childhood when Blaire's parents were doing business in Britain. Blaire had not moved back with them to Asia. She had wanted to stay with Anna. They best friends took turns in each parent's house but both studied in Britain.
The Marshalls had an heir, Arthur who studied in America. He was so over protective of Blaire that he could scold his parents and give them a silent treatment whenever they made Blaire sad. The part of Asia which the Marshalls were from was more of a clan. Each prominent household was a noble by the King's law. The Clan Head had an only Child and heir, Archer. Archer was Arthur's best friend. They had met in America. Getting to know each other they realized they were from the same clan and had gotten to know which family they both belonged to. They became best of friends. Now they were done with studying and were to return to Asia. Blaire and Anna had returned earlier to the Marshall's Family home. Anna always had a huge crush on Blaire's brother and she and she did no good job at keeping it discreet so both families knew about it.
The royal family decided on a ball to celebrate their son and all masters were invited. Now all the maids in the Master's households were under the mistresses. Mistresses here were the Master's wives.