2. Strange Bracelets (EDITED)

Blaire and Anna walked back to their room after breakfast ignoring the boxes.
BLAIRE MARSHALL!
ANNA CLARKSON! You better get back here. Greta screamed furiously.
She had taken time to plan this ball with Isabelle and she wasn't going to let those two ruin their plans.

(Who's Isabelle? The clanhead's wife)

Did we forget to do dishes God mother? Anna asked when they duo came down and that earned her a glare from Greta.

Seeing Greta was furious they both went to grab the boxes each taking the one with their initials. Of course they knew this was why Greta called them but had chosen to act dumb but Greta didn't buy it.

Well girls, it's noontime already. A stylist will be here by 4pm. You'll meet your dates at the ball. We leave for the ball by 6pm and you both better stop trying to avoid this ball it is of no use. Greta said making her way to her room.

But mom don't you think you're overreacting? We're not even the celebrants Blaire said sighing.

Greta ignored her and went up to her room.

Well it doesn't seem like we're going to win this. I wonder if our dates will be cute and sexy enough to make my new book. I crave new inspiration. Anna said dragging Blaire with her to her room.

Blaire looked puzzled but still allowed herself to be dragged up to their room by Anna.

True to Greta's words the stylist arrived on time. Greta made the stylist attend to the girls first. She even stayed back to watch and decide for them what look they wear, what color of lipstick, where to place their hairpins and the rest of it.

Both girls just sat there feeling defeated.

After what felt like years to the girls the stylist was finally done. The girls hurried to their room. They needed to breathe away from Greta.

Wow! I get to look this cute for a stranger? Anna said as she took out her dress from the box.

I only feel like I'm getting married Anna. This is just too much. Blaire complained looking at her ball gown.

That's a good feeling Blaire. My guess is you're going to find your Prince charming soon Anna said while getting dressed.

Anna! Sometimes I only see a fairy in you. You're obsessed with fairy tales but this isn't one of your books. Blaire said

Says someone who drools over my books. Anna said

Blaire rolled her eyes and slipped on her dress.

Why are there bracelets in the boxes? Anna asked.

I don't know but I'm sure we're to use everything in the box so just give me one of that Blaire said taking one from Anna.

Girls you have 10 minutes to get down here Greta called out.

So shall we? Anna asked Blaire positioning herself like she was asking Blaire for a dance.

Blaire again rolled her eyes at her. I'm not going anywhere until 10 minutes fairy godmother. It's satisfying to watch mom wait after today's drama. I'm just going to call Arthur.

Anna rolled her eyes. She was mad at Arthur for not being home.
If your douchebag of a brother was here I won't have to dance with a stranger at the ball. Anna half screamed.

Blaire had only gotten angrier after talking to Arthur. He just kept laughing throughout their conversation about the ball. He was supposed to be supportive. If he didn't ask of Anna she would have thought she was talking to someone else. She went down with Anna to meet her parents.

Don't you feel like good girls now? You finally listened to your sweet mother.
I really hope you girls didn't mix up your bracelets because that's how you'll find your dates. Greta said dragging Luther out with her.

Why aren't you wearing one? Anna asked

Blaire gave her the like seriously look 🙄🧐

I am married Anna. The bracelets are for single nobles.

Anna do you think we mixed up the bracelets? Blaire asked

I don't know. Will it matter? Anna asked back

I don't know Anna.

They met up with their parents and the family left for the ball taking two maids with them.