1: The old me.

Friday, June 14th, 2014.

"Attention everyone! Ava will now be getting on the bus. "

The driver announced. All the girls groaned.

" Here we go... "  Stella, the head cheerleader muttered.

The boys screamed like girls would, assuming they were meeting Zayn Malik.

The bus stopped. A few lucky boys stuck their heads out the window.

" Ava!! Ava! " They shouted and shouted even louder when she sent them a bright smile.

She got on the bus slowly. All eyes were on her. Boys drooling over her. Girls secretly glaring. A few whistles as she walked in. 

The captain of the football team got up, quickly.
" Here. "  He motioned to his seat. Ava grinned.

Then sat down, and popped a lollipop in her mouth.

That's how it's always been. She's always been the queen of queens. Boys kissed the ground that she walks on.  Jealousy drove girls away from her. But she was like a magnet to boys.

She had but a few friends. But that didn't seem to matter. why would it? She ruled that school. Well, at least, so it seemed.

******

She was at her locker, picking out books, for her next class when she sneezed. She removed her lollipop from her mouth and sniffed. A guy immediately rushed to her and covered her with his jacket.

" Here you go. " He smiled broadly.

" Thanks. " She grinned.

He left, and she continued with her books, when another guy came around.

" Ava, this is your chemistry homework. " He told her, handing her a stack of papers.

" Awwwwn, thanks. " She said, switching her lollipop to the side of her mouth and taking the papers from his hands.

He was beaming as he walked away.

She put the homework in her locker, when another guy walked up to her shyly.

" Hey, Ava. " He  gave her a little shy smile.

" Oh, hi. Uh, do I know you? "  she asked slowly.

" I sit behind you everyday in class. " He answered, sniffing and pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"Oh, sorry. Must have forgot. " She lied.

The truth was,  she has never seen him not to talk of even knowing him.

" No worries. " He sniffed. " Uh, I just wanted to know if you're going to the homecoming dance on Saturday? " He  asked softly.

" Of course, I'll be going. " She replied, then shut her locker.

" Oh, oh, okay. Cool. " He bit his bottom lip.

" Okay bye. " She turned to leave.

'Weirdo'. She thought to herself.

" Wait! " The guy called her back.

She groaned inwardly. "  yeah? " She turned.

" Uh, I was thinking, would you like to go with me? " He finally summoned you courage and asked her.

" Oh," She breathed. "Uh,  actually, I was planning on going with Kyle. "

" Oh. " He muttered sadly. " Of course. Sorry, I bothered you. "

" Ava! " One of her friends called.

" Coming, Amelia! " she shouted back. " I have to go. See ya! " She chirped the walked off.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. You're so stupid, hay. Of course the hot girl goes with the hot guy. Why would he want to go with a nerd?

He exhaled sadly. His eyes got misty and he quickly removed his glasses and wiped his eyes.

He sniffed. With his shoulders slumped and heart broken, he walked away sadly.

~~homecoming night ~~

Ava leaned against the wall as she continued on her ice cream. Kyle dug his hands in his pocket, his own ice cream in his other hand. He smiled as he watched her.

" Will you stop that? " Ava asked, giggling softly.

" What? " He asked innocently.

" That. You know what you're doing. " She replied as she finished her ice cream.

He took the cone from her and handed her his ice cream, throwing the cone away.

" I don't know what you're talking about. " He shrugged.

" Okay, what's going on? I know that look. Tell me! " She whined.

" Okay, okay. " He laughed a little. He dug his hands in his pocket and took out a small little red box.

Ava eyes widened. ' What's he doing? ' she thought.

Kyle pushed it open. " Ava Olive waters. " He called.

" Yeah? "  She drawled, as he heart started to race.

" A few weeks ago, we started dating. And I can definitely say that those weeks we're the best weeks of my life. If I did anything right in my life, it was when I gave my heart to you. "

Ava couldn't help the big smile that spread across her lips. " What are you trying to say, Kyle? "

" What I'm trying to say is, " He started. " I love you. " He told her and Ava grinned. " I've fallen head over heels with you. And I have no doubt that I would like to spend the rest of my life with you. "

He removed a pretty little white promise ring from the box.

She gasped, and the ice cream fell from her hand.

Ava giggled as Kyle took her hands and slid the ring into one of her fingers.

" Beautiful. " He said and placed a soft kiss on her hand.

" I love you, Kyle. " She told him as he looked into her eyes.

He leaned in and claimed her lips in a soft kiss.

"  I love you, too, Ava. And I always will. "

•••••••
Don't forget to hit that little star!
Thanks for reading!
💗Muna.