3: Miss cat lady

Sunday 17th, 2019.

I groaned.

" Seriously Nibbles, you gotta stop waking me up like this. " I picked it up from my face and dropped it on my bed.

Stiffling a yawn, I stretched. I stared at my clothes, wondering why I didn't change last night.

Exhaling, I sighed.

Right. Kyle broke up with me. My heart sank.

Oh God. I rubbed my eyes then my face in general. Bracing and forbbing myself not to cry, I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

Picking up Nibbles, as it started licking it's paw,
I whispered, " Don't tell anymore about last night. Okay? "

" Meow. " It gave me continues licks on my face. Making me giggle. " I'll take that as a yes. " 

A beautiful bunch of flowers were the first thing I noticed on the kitchen isle. Taking my eyes off it, I set Nibbles on the contertop.

I said a quick good morning to mom, as she filled the waffle maker with batter. She replied with morning and a sly look right after.

" What? " I walked to cabinet and picked out a cherry lollipop.

" What do you mean 'what'? " She countered. "You came home so late last night. Did Kyle finally ask the question!? "  She squeals, as she closed the waffle maker.

" Uh, not really. " I mumbled, putting the lollipop in my mouth.

I could recall every word he said.

I can't do this anymore...

We're over...

I just stopped loving you...

" He didn't. " I breathed.

" Why does your voice sound sad, honey? " She whispered coming over to me.

" It does? " I cleared my throat. Blinking continuously, I fought back the tears. I pulled my lollipop from my mouth. " You must be hearing things. " I told her hurriedly, as I walked away from her hold.

" Honey, " She started but I was quick to cut her off.

" Who are the flowers for? " I rushed in, putting my lollipop back in my mouth.

" Your dad. " She watched me. " I'm dropping it off today. "

I licked my lollipop harder. " Can I go instead? "

She was shocked. She swallowed as she opened the waffle maker, taking out breakfast. " You want to go? "

She asked bewildered. Probably because I've never actually gone there before.

" I want to. " I stated firmly.

"  Wow. You've always locked yourself up in your room whenever I tried to take you. " She drizzled syrup on my waffles.

" I know. " I drawled, taking my lollipop out. " And I still don't want to. But I have a lot, I wanna tell him. "

" Are you sure? "

Seeing him in his grave seemed to real to me. Like his death would be official. Finalised.

But I had no choice, seeing as I needed someone to talk to. If I told mom Kyle and I broke up because of my appearance. She would be devastated.

I sighed. " I'll go. "

¥_¥_¥_¥_¥

I exhaled as the cab came to a stop. Handing the cab driver a few bucks, I picked up Nibbles and the flowers then got out of the car.