preview

❝She stood still as the priestess of Hera was saying the prayer for the goddess to bless their marriage. She was holding her future husband's hand. He was squizzing hers reassuringly, from time to time, but they were both concentrating on the face of the aged priestess. They were at the temple of Hera, at the heart of Athens. Their friends, family were looking at them adoringly from behind. It was night time. Several lamps were illuminating their faces and the room around them, their fires creating a warm light around them.

 Then, suddenly, a loud thud was heard. A frosty wind came into the dim lit room, making her chiton rustle, her upper arms freeze. A sensation took over her, it was so eerie, one she'd never felt before. Her breath caught in her throat. The large wooden doors of the temple were wide open, she saw a shadow behind them. She turned, exasperated, and looked behind her. The people she knew, she loved, she grew up with were on the ground, dead. She looked at their faces, their expressions full of terror, their open eyes lifeless. She noticed their cut open throats, their blood stained chitons. Blood was pooling aroound her feet, painting her toes red. She couldn't realize what had happened. 

But then, she turned her attention towards the person that had interrupted her wedding. Dark eyes were looking at her intensely, heavy, dark circles around them. A sword in his hand, dripping blood. His arms and his shiny armour stained red. She turned towards her fiancé, as she trembled from fear, but he was already looking back at her with a small smile. His blue eyes full of serenity as his head started dripping down blood, over his beautiful face. And she screamed. Her voice echoing through the temple, making even the souls of Erebus shudder...❞

Hi everyone! What do you think of my story? Should I continue it? 

Emily,

xx