It's Viktor!

Happy reading, Loves!

Feel free to express your thoughts on this part. I'm all eyes for you! :)

***

[The bell rings!]

"Great, just in time!" nakangiting sabi ni Ms. Mira habang naglalakad pabalik sa harap ng klase kung saan nakatayo si Reena kasama mga bagong miyembro ng mamumuno. "There you have it, class, your new set of officers for this school year. Congratulations, everyone!" Nagpalakpakan ang lahat.

"Also, welcome back, Mr. Dazo!" bati ni Ms. Mira na nakabaling ang tingin sa taong tinutukoy. Naka-background naman ang mga pigil na tili ng halos lahat ng mga babaeng kaklase ni Reena.

The election ended with Reena being so uneasy and spaced out. Maging hanggang sa mga oras na ito ay hindi pa rin magawang i-absorb ng utak ni Reena ang mga nangyari – how instant she became president again and how past has come back to present.

Ang masaklap pa, sa puntong ito, nakakatitig ang nakaraang tinutukoy niya habang naglalakad papunta sa kinaroroonan niya.

Biglang uminit ang paligid.

Ang kabog ng dibdib niya'y tila naririnig na.

What's wrong with you? Says her mind.

She imagined how this encounter would go. She was ready and had it planned out for a long time but right now her brain cells don't seem to function.

No. No. Please not this time. She shouts inside.

As she gives back the gaze at him, unti-unti ring nagbabalik ang nabaong nakaraan – from the best ones to the worst. Kasabay nito ay ang unti-unti ring pag-iinit ng gilid ng mga mata niya.

You have to do something, Reena. Think! Her consciousness rattles.

Unexpectedly, before he could even reach her position, she starts to move and walks past him.

"Reena, let's talk." He grabs Reena's arm gently.

"I'm sorry," She firmly responds in hopes of hiding the cracks in her voice at ang mga nangingilid na luha sa mga mata niya "but the day is not ready to hear you out." she adds then snatches her arm from him.

She hurriedly runs out of the classroom and heads to the comfort room while avoiding people's eyes.

She goes in the last cubicle, lets out a long sigh, and just as she slides the lock of the door, her tears begin to fall.

"How can I be so unlucky in just 10 minutes?" She says in the air while staring at the ceiling. "Didn't realize my life is an amusement park."

As she was tearing sheets of tissue roll, her phone continually beeps.

It's from the group chat she and her friends made for their personal gossips and secrets.

She checks it.

____________________________*

Jolessa: OMG, guys! Hot news!

Lidjah: What is it? Spill it, spill!

Jolessa: Victor Dazo is baaaaaaaaaaaack!

Jolessa sends a photo

Tatiana: What the hell! Siya nga!

Tatiana reacted surprise to Jolessa's photo

Sanica reacted surprise to Jolessa's photo 

Caligne reacted 'love' to Jolessa's photo