chapter 15

• Third person •

Later that night, Hayden played poker with some other guys again. That's what he has been doing the past years, which is the reason why he lost most of his money.

''500.'', one of them says. Hayden looks down for a seconds thinking it through, before Johnny joins them quickly.

''500? Sounds good.'', he says as he takes out the money and puts it down in front of them.

Hayden rolls his eyes. ''Come on, dude. Leave it.'', he says.

''Be quiet and play.'', Johnny says as he did what he says.

Then someone else wins all of the money. Hayden sighs and looks at Johnny.

''What? Now it's my fault!?'', Johnny wonders. He just tried to help Hayden.

Hayden stands up when Johnny follows him as they both go to Hayden's room.

''Do you have socks?'', Johnny asks looking around.

Hayden shakes his head at the change of the topic.

''Do you think you're in Las Vegas where you can crack the double jackpot!?'', Hayden exclaims as Johnny looks to him. ''Man, let me play by myself! You worked hard for the money, save it up!''

''Money just makes your fingers dirty.'', Johnny says.

Hayden laughs sarcastically. ''I would like to have those dirty fingers.'', he mumbles. ''Dumb idiot.''

He goes to the bathroom and washes his face. Johnny stood there, still looking for the socks, as he wondered something. He goes into the bathroom scrunching his eyebrows.

''Double jackpot? Las Vegas? That's from the Casino episode! I think she only won one-''

''1000.'', Hayden interrupts him. ''She's really hot, your chef.''

''You have seen my show once!'', Johnny smiles.

''How many episodes are there? 40? I know them all.''

''And why don't you say anything?'', Johnny asks still with a bright smile.

''It's your show, Johnny. Of course I watch it.'', he says as he leaves the bathroom.

Johnny follows him and sits next to him on the bed.

''Should I be honest? I know about your bar.'', Johnny says, causing Hayden to look at him and then down again, disappointed in himself. ''Listen, everyone makes mistakes. I saved a little bit money, I'll give it to you. For your bar, I mean.''

''I need a lot, John.'', he says.

''How much?''

''40.000.''

''No problem.'', Johnny says as Hayden laughs sarcastically as he stands up and pours some alcohol in two glasses.

''You think you can buy me with your money? My friendship isn't that cheap! I don't want your stupid money, got it?'', Hayden says.

''What do you want from me then, Hayden?'', he says as Hayden goes back to him, handing him one glass.

''Come on, drink with me.''

They cheer and start to laugh.

-

Same night at the party

Johnny walks around watching people. He was still thinking about today and what happened between him and Kenzie.

She obviously didn't want it. He thought. Just drop it and forget about it.

Then he sees from far Annie tapping Hayden's shoulder and talking to him.

Then Asher comes too and takes her somewhere else where they start to argue. The next thing Johnny sees is Annie throwing her hat at the ground and going away angry.

He goes over to where Annie was and lays his arm around her as she gave him a sad smile.

''Why are you marrying this guy?'', Johnny asks.

''Mh?'', Annie raises her eyebrows confused.

''I saw you and Asher. You wanted to tell Hayden something and he got jealous. Is he the right guy for you?'', he says. She puts his arm away.

''Johnny, I didn't want to tell Hayden something, I wanted to slap him. He spend 1000 dollars in two days. One half for alcohol, the other for poker. Asher just payed everything. He wasn't jealous, he tried to prevent me from screaming at Hayden.'', Annie says.

A short silence comes up before Johnny breaks it.

''You're not in love with Hayde anymore?'', he asks.

She shot her head up at him and smiles a little. ''You knew?''

''Everyone knew! Except Hayden the dork.'', he chuckles.

She laughs. ''Yeah, I was in love with him. But our relationship was always one-sided. It was my thing, only mine. But with Asher it's... how should I say it? Well, it's like, I was good before I met Asher, everything's fine. But when I met him I realized that I can be happy with him.'', she says as Johnny looks down thinking, still listening. ''It's very simple. There're people that you have to be happy with.'' She smiles.

Johnny kept thinking about one specific person. But he wasn't sure if it was real or not.

Then Annie looks to the other side and her smile fades away, seeing Asher standing there. Johnny smiles pushing Annie towards him as she crossed her arms.

''I-I just wanted to give you your hat back.'', Asher says as she smiles taking it.

''Thank you.'', she mumbles.

''I'm sorry.'', he apologizes.

''I'm sorry, too. But don't scream at me.''

''I didn't scream.''

''Yes, you did.'', they kept talking like that walking away slowly while Johnny still stood there lost in his thoughts.

They stopped as they noticed that Johnny didn't follow.

''Johnny? Johnny! You coming?'', Asher asks.

''Uh, you go, I'll come later.'', he says smiling.

He turns around and grabs two bottles and leaves to go find someone specific.

author's note
thank u sm for 800 reads <33