•Chapter Five•

Zak
I honestly hate school. I can't wait to graduate and live my life. Since Casey left I've been able to actually get to run a lot more. I can be with my friends and not get interrupted. I have so much me time. But there is just too much me time.

Damn it. I punched my wall. I miss her. I miss her so much. I miss her smile. Her good morning texts. Her late night rants. I miss my Casey. I want her back. I sighed and grabbed my book bag and headed out. I pulled out my keys and hopped into my car and drove to school.

I'm going to get Casey back. I can't do this without her. I need her in my life. I feel complete with her. Not having her by my side is so cold. She's my beautiful flower that blooms big and bright. She's my rock. She holds me together. She keeps me stable. She keeps me from doing what I did a few days ago. I refuse to ever use hookers to get my mind of her leaving me and embarrassing me.

I parked and headed straight towards the cheerleading spot in the cafeteria. I smiled a bit when I saw Casey. I picked up my pace a little.

"Casey. I would like to apologize to you on how stupid I have been lately and how I'm so stupid to not try to fight back to keep your love. I want you back Casey. I can't live without you. I miss my flower. I miss you wishing me a good morning. I want you to be able to rant to me again. Let me help fix your problems once more." I said.

She looked at me and sighed.

"Only if you quit drinking I will take you back." she said.

I smiled and hugged her tightly. She giggled and kissed my cheek. I'm glad I have her back. My little flower is back in my care. Thank god.

"I have a crazy idea. Let's ditch school for the first half and be back by lunch. What do you say?" I asked.

Casey looked at me and laughed.

"Of course silly. I'd love to go anywhere with you right now." she said.

I grabbed her hand and dragged her to my car. We got in and I just drove us around for a bit. Seeing her be this happy is amazing. I don't know what I'd do without her in my life. She is everything I need. She completes me.Everything about her is amazing. Her smile, laugh, and her personality fit amazingly.

I smiled at her as she rolled down the window and let the wind take over her beautiful blond hair. Seeing it flow in the wing was beautiful. The sun bouncing off of her freckled cheeks. I'm so happy to call her mine again.

I stopped at Zimmermanns and smiled. She loves it here. We got out and walked in. We sat down at a table in the center and waited for our server.

"Casey. I love you. I love you so much. Would you like to promise me that you will not go anywhere? Will you take your ring as a reminder of how strong our love is for each other?" I said, pulling out her promise ring.

She smiled and said, "I promise to never go anywhere and to love you forever."

I put her ring on her finger and kissed her.

We ordered our drinks when the server came over. I couldn't help but look at Casey when she smiled. It brightens the whole room.

I'm not having her go anywhere. She is here to stay as my flower and only my flower. She will continue to bloom in my hands. I will make sure that she is okay.

We got our drinks and headed out. I want to do one more drive around the city before going back to school.

••••••

Finally it is time to just go home. I went to my locker and put in the combination to open it. I opened the door and grabbed all I needed to do homework. I reached for my sociology textbook when I noticed the pink, purple and blue notebook I kept from the kid who bumped into me and forgot it. I pulled it out along with my textbook and shoved it into my book bag. It's about time I check it out and try to find who the owner of this book is.

I drove home and went straight to my room. I need to get to the bottom of this. I put my book bag on my desk and pulled out the notebook. I opened the book and looked at the first page. There was no area of where his name was. It was only poetry in its place. I flipped through another page and found nothing of his name. He has written a lot of poetry though. He's almost done with this book.

I went back to the beginning and started reading the first poem written in this book. I couldn't believe what I was reading. This boy was calling for help but no one heard. His mother is highly abusive and his father is out of the picture. He was reflecting on himself at the age of ten. He was only ten when his mother started growing sour.

I started reading the second and third. I kept reading. Nothing was stoping me. The next thing I knew I had come to the last written poem so far in the book. As I read the words sprawled out on the page I was crying by the end of it.

This boy has had his whole life stripped away. It started to crumble at age ten. By age 17, I'm guessing, he had his last little bit of hope taken from him. I couldn't believe it.

Who could do that to anyone? Who is just sick enough to do that to a struggling boy? This boy needs his book back and I will help him anyway possible. I'm not going to let this poor boy suffer and get torn apart any longer.