chapter 28 : the brains

[Eddie's point of view]

Noah and I walked in the way with six others from other teams and I noticed that Zayn was also here with one of his teammates. He noticed me and greeted Noah and I.

"Damn. We got tough competitors here." He said to us. He smiled so did his partner.

"Nah. We all are the same. We don't even know what's the task yet." I told stated.

He laughed. "Come on, dude! You're like the smartest in our year. Plus Noah is here too!" Zayn said to us.

Noah is also smart. He's just like me, always got decent grades in each examination.

"Thanks for saying that." Noah awkwardly said. I just realized that he's an introvert so it's an understatement if he's not comfortable to interact with new people.

"No worries, buddy. Ight, maybe the best wins!" Zayn said as he walked to his partner.

"You too!" I told him. He gave me the peace sign.

After a few minutes, we arrived there.

"Okay. you guys go inside and sat on the table with your flag on it." Mrs. Haley said.

Mrs. Haley is on of the teacher here.

"I wonder what the task is." Noah said to me as we sat on the chairs with the white flag on the desk in front of us.

"We'll know it soon." I replied.

I looked around. Zayn and his partner were on the far left. Next to them were Team Black Panther who happened to be the other two boys from earlier with Mason. They were on our left side and Team Brown Bear on our left.

"Hey freaks!" Someone said and I ignored it first so did Noah.

"We're talking to you, White Swan freaks!" The other said. It's clearly that they were referring to us.

I was getting annoyed and I looked up to look at them.

"What do you want exactly?" I asked them. Noah just stayed in silence.

"Nothing." The other one smirked. "We're reminding you that you're going to lose and we will win." He said smugly.

"Are you sure about that?" I challenged him. "With that small brain of yours? I think not." I spat.

They both widened their eyes probably not expecting me to say that. Noah chuckled next to me.

"Watch your mouth, freak!" The boy yelled and he stood up. I looked down and I noticed something.

"No. Watch your pants." I pointed at his pants. I'm sure he forgot to zip it up. "I'm sure you'll love it when everyone see that pink underwear you wear." I told him.