Chapter 9

Bree's POV:
I feel like chase is lying to me because he told me he never talks to Ramona but he's acting hella strange compared to how he acted when we got together.

I'm really starting to worry because I think he's falling out of love with me maybe Ramona has him under some sort of spell. I don't know and I don't want to think about that right now. I don't want to think that chase is cheating on me.

I don't really think about it all too much since I wanna focus on other things like homework, friends, and family..well the only friends I have really! I'm not all that popular as I mentioned before to you guys.

I'm not popular and I don't think I'll ever be. I was sitting in my room and doing all the homework I missed since I was sick. I was also doing the homework from the other day I didn't get to do since I was so upset about the rumors.

I grabbed my phone and messaged chase.

Me: hey chase um...how are things?
I know I've been kinda avoiding you but yeah how's life?

Chase: I've been good! How are you feeling?

                                     Me: I've been feeling better!

He didn't respond after that so I just put my phone down and went downstairs to get some food. I went into the kitchen and looked at the calendar on the fridge. It's January 25th. Ugh tomorrow is the school dance. I forgot about that! But I got my food and walked into the living room and sat on the couch.

I didn't want to think about him anymore after that because every time I do I get all depressed and it bums me out! I was watching tv trying to get my mind off of chase. I heard some noises behind me so I turned around a little bit and seen Adam and Leo walking down the stairs talking about something. I couldn't care what they were talking about.

"Hey Bree? No chase today?", Leo asked.
"No! I haven't talked to chase since I was sick.", I said.
"Oh..I'm sorry!", he says.
"It's fine. I don't really wanna talk about him right now.", I said.

They walked off to the lab and continued talking to each other.

Chase's POV:

I haven't talked to Bree in person since she got sick and I skipped school for her. It's been awkward because I feel like she's thinking that I'm seeing Ramona again but I'm not.

I didn't talk to her today because I'm planning on a huge way to ask Bree to the dance. Something romantic plus picking out my tuxedo. I put it up since the dance isn't for another day. I walked out of my room and went down stairs.

I didn't want to talk, see, or be near Ramona. She's talked shit about everyone in my life the whole time we were together and I know for a fact that she only got with me to be near Adam because he's really popular and every girl in the school wants to be with him.

Plus she's been blowing up my phone since I was taking care of Bree when she was sick. I'm worried about her because she hasn't texted me since last week.

I walked out of the house and headed over to Bree's house. I walked up the driveway and got to her front door. I knocked on the door, 2 seconds later Leo answers the door.

"Hey! What are you doing here?", he says.
"I just wanted to see Bree. Getting kinda worried about her.", I said.
"Oh well, come in!", he says.

He moved over to the side and I walked in and sat on the couch.

Bree's POV:

I was sitting in my room getting ready to go to the park. I wanted to get out of the house for the first time since everyone seen that photo. I got ready and I put on a really cute outfit. I walked out of my room and headed downstairs, I was not paying attention to anyone until I hit the ground floor. I looked up and seen chase on the couch. Ugh!!!

I tried to walk past the couch without him hopefully not seeing me but he did and Leo left the room since Taylor was calling him.

"Bree?", he says.
"Yeah?", I say.
"How have you been?", he asked.
"I'm good! I've been keeping things on the down low.", I said.
"Oh cool. Um..are you ok?", he asked.
"Yeah..are you? Please don't tell me you're back to cutting.", I said.
"Good and no! I haven't cut myself since a long time. Like when you caught me.", he says.

Sure he wasn't! I can't really believe him because he says he doesn't cut anymore then I find out he's doing it behind my back and tell me he didn't want to say anything to me because he didn't want me to worry.

"Oh that's good. Have you talked to or had any contact with Ramona or is she trying to get back with you..what's going on with that?", I said.
"Well she's been blowing up my phone the last 2 weeks trying to get back with me using the nickname "chasey" it's not a good name btw. Have I contact her? No. I ignore her messages and everything.", he says.

That was awkward...

"Oh..", I say.
"Yeah.. well I just wanted to come and check on you, seems like you're doing ok.", he says.
"Yeah. I'm doing better that's all I gotta say.", I said.
"Ok I'm gonna go back home. I'll call you later.", he says.

He walked out of my house and shut the door. Then seconds after he left Leo came downstairs. THANKS A LOT LEO!

"How did it go?", he asked.
"It went..weirdly ok.", I said.
"Oh.. are you doing ok?", he asked.
"Yeah...", I said.
"Bree..what's going on?", he says.
"Ok..ok..I just..I can't help but think that chase is gonna hurt my feelings and get back with Ramona.", I said sadly.
"Bree, he'd never do that! He's like madly and I mean MADILY in love with you! He talks about you all the time, he goes on and on about how much he loves you, he just talks so much about you.", he says.
"Thanks Leo. At least I know someone has my back. I mean.. I don't know if he's gonna do that or not but if he does I'm gonna be hurt and that's just gonna prove Adam wrong.", I said.
"What about me?", Adam says.

I looked over to my left and seen Adam walking over to the kitchen island to sit down and try to join the conversation.

"Nothing.", Leo says.
"Okay..", Adam says.
"Ok well.. I'm gonna go to the park and hopefully smooth things out with Owen.", I said.
"He's still mad at you?", Adam asked.
"Yeah! Hopefully he'll forgive me for it.", I said.

I walked out of the house and made my way to the park. I sat on a nearby bench and waited for Owen to get to the park so I can smooth things over with him.

A few minutes later I see Owen walk through the gate and make his way over to the table where I was.

"What?", he said in a rude way.
"Hey nice to see you too.", I said.
"What do you want? Why'd you want me to be here today.", he says.
"Look I want you to forgive me for everything I get I screwed up, I wish I told you everything from the beginning but I thought if I did you would've talked me out of it.", I said.
"Whatever Yeah I guess I can forgive you, and you're right I would've because I know chase he's just gonna hurt you.", he says.
"I know chase too I pretty much grew up with him. I know how he can be but he's also the nicest person I know.", I said.

I just got up and walked all the way home I really couldn't be near him anymore. I walked all the way home nearly in tears. Once I got home I walked in and saw..........................