Chapter two~the day everything changed.

*a week later*

Bree's POV:
Fast forward a week and I haven't talked to chase since the whole diary incident and when I found out about his crush. I seen him on Friday before break and he avoided talking or even looking at me, so his everyday routine.

I wake and and go upstairs and seen Leo in the kitchen. It was like 2am I was only awake cause I couldn't sleep. I felt as if my feelings for chase were coming back. I never knew that he felt any type of way about me. Anyways! It's the week of the party, it's tomorrow night and I'm not wanting to go but if it'll make Adam happy I really have no choice.

I picked out my outfit for tomorrow and went back downstairs to talk to Leo.

"Hey! Why are you up this early?", I asked
"Couldn't sleep. What's your excuse?", he said
"Same. Chase has just been on my mind for days now, pretty much since I found out about his diary.",I said.
"Oh you too", he says.
"Yeah. How come it's still in your head.", I asked
"Because I thought I knew chase but the truth is I don't think I ever knew him at all.", he says
"Well we should really get to sleep.", I said
"Yeah. I'll see you in the morning.", he says.

I walk back down to the lab and step inside my capsule. I tried to go to sleep but I just couldn't, chase's party was coming up and I just felt a bit nervous. I was about to go to sleep when I phone buzzed. I looked at who was messaging me this early in the morning. It was chase!

                                2:30am
Chase: hey. Are you still awake?
Me: yeah, couldn't sleep. What's your excuse?
Chase: same here. It's kinda hard to sleep when you know you can't see your parents for another 2 weeks.
Me: oh I'm sorry. I kinda forgot about them not being there during the holidays.
Chase: yeah. Wait, how did you know about that.
Me: the box of rocks.
Chase: Adam?
Me: yeah.
Chase: yeah they're never home. Not just for the holidays in general, last time I actually ever saw them was my 8th birthday.
Me: I'm sorry.
Chase: it's all good! Hey we should really get to sleep though, my party is later and I wanna look like I actually got sleep. I'll see you there.
Me: yeah! I would be happy about it but Adam is forcing me to go.
Chase: Typical Adam. Well um..good night.
Me: night.

I put my phone back in my pocket and headed to sleep. I woke up around 10:30 and decided to head out. Tasha wanted me to get some stuff from the store while I was out and sent me a list of stuff she wanted.

I headed out with the list and headed to the store. I was looking for the stuff Tasha sent me to get when all of a sudden I bumped into someone. It was chase.
I got up and froze when I realized it was actually him.

"Hey", He said
"Hi", I said
"What are you doing here?", I asked
"Getting stuff for the party", he said
"Oh", I said.
"You wanna help me set up", he asked

My blood ran cold when he asked me that.

"Um..sure.", I said
It was silent for a few seconds after that.

"So, what are you doing here?", he asked
"Getting stuff for Tasha.", I said
"Who's Tasha", he asked
"My stepmom", I said
"Oh.", he said

We were still kinda catching up after that when I heard a girls voice sounding like she was pissed for some reason. She was calling chase's name. Not calling she was actually shouting it.

"CHASE!!", she yelled.

I literally jumped out of my skin and I could tell chase was nervous. I kinda felt bad for him. But could that be his girlfriend? she walks over to us and seemed pretty pissed.