Twelve

^y'all that picture of Finn tho 🤩

Richie sits up putting his back against the wall trying to figure out what just happened.

"Victor?" "Yeah?" Victor comes out of the kitchen. "What time is it?" His voice groggy and weak.

"10:34 am, you slept for a long time Rich." "Yeah, apparently I did."

Finally he gets up, realizing how weak he is. Grabbing his phone he has no notifications.

                       Eds
R: hey
E: hi rich
R: listen I'm sorry for what I said the other night
E: it's fine rich, you already told me
R: Wdym
E: last night, do you not remember?
R: I saw you in a nightmare?
E: yeah that... what happened in yours?
R: you were dying, blood was coming out of your mouth. Once you fully died someone pulled me away.
E: oh...
R: what happened in yours?
E: we were swimming. We both went underwater. When I came up...you didn't. Looking back into the water you squirmed until you stopped.
E: it was like the water was solids for you. I don't know.
R: well I'm not swimming anymore
E: oh wow, but it's different for everyone.

                   The losers
R: last night I had a nightmare, Eddie and I both did. Did anyone else?
S: yeah... wasn't the first time for me though
B: it was my first...
Bev: I haven't had one yet, I've heard of them though
M: ^
Ben: I've had lots.

*Last night*
Eddie sits at the quarry waiting for Richie, finally he arrives smiling. "Hiya Eds!" "Don't call me that Rich." He hugs the bare chested boy, he kisses Eddies head.

"Come on, let's swim." "Richie you need sun screen." "I promise if I get sunburnt I'll listen to you more often." "What is that supposed to mean?" The younger boys giggles. "Huh? I wasn't listening."

Eddie starts Pushkin Richie into the water, Richie grabs his hand. Making the two go underwater together.

When the two finally come back up they smile at each other. Richie kisses his cheek and puts his head on Eddies shoulder, where that can just float there.

"Whatcha thinking about Rich?" "You, your eyes and your smile. Your laugh, your kisses." He smiles at the older boy, planting a soft kiss on his lips.

"You're perfect Eds." "Don't call me that." He giggles as he pushes Richie underwater, soon following after him.

He ignores the gross water and opens his eyes to look at the boy he loves. The hug underwater as they admire each other's features.

First Eddie comes up. Richie tried to come up a bit later.

tries

It's like the water above him became solid, anywhere he tried to come up, the water wouldn't let him.

Frantically he looks at Eddie, grabbing at his neck. He squirms in the water. Eddie tried to pull him up. He fails each time.

Richie struggles one last time before going limp. Eddie screams, tears already flowing down his face.

Quickly he drags the boy to shore, which now the water lets Richie out.

Sitting on the shore he does CPR as he sobs. The tears sting his eyes, he continues to try to save him.

Try

After a while he knows it's too late, he holds the boy in his arms not knowing what to do. He pushes his hair out of his face.

He hugs him tightly as he screams. His nails clawing the taller boys back.

One last time he kisses the boy before waking up in a cold sweat.

Multiple tears fall from his eyes as he sits up.

His breathing heavy, until he passes out, sleeping until the next morning.