No dream

Nervously pointing at myself, "so I am Martha?" he wordlessly nodded and proceeded to open his leather bag. After rummaging for a while he finally found what he's looking for and gave it to me.

It's an antique mirror. Seriously this cosplayer is good. 

As I looked at the mirror, there is a girl around my age but obviously not me. She has a tan complexion but it made her look gorgeous. A small cute nose. Her eyes were deep brown, almost shades of black. Her hair was reddish probably because of the sun and it was tied in a bun, to minimize the heat long hair caused. Her lips were chapped, maybe due to the heat. As I swipe my forehead, the girl in the mirror did the same.

Wait a minute.

"Is this me?" Bewildered, I asked no one in particular but the cosplay pirate answer me dutifully, "obviously" he snatched the mirror from my hand. What a rude man. Pirates are supposed to be like this anyway. He really stick to his cosplay.

"This thing called mirror is expensive. It has just been created in 1835 by German scientist using silver nitrate"

He dressed like  a pirate but spoke like a nerd would. I snorted.

"Yeah but no way this is the 1800s. Excellent Pirate cosplay by the way."

He stared at me incredulously. After a while he made a thinking pose. His demeanor only reinforced the idea that his act is good. This is not at cosplay level, this is the level of acting in Pirates of the Caribbean. 

"So, you're not Martha" to that I nodded in which he rummaging his bag again, pulled a parchment and stared at it for a long time before stared at me.

"But you're not supposed to be here in this time.  This is too early." I can only stared at him back, I need explanation here.

"Yeah, I know you need explanation. The time is short so let's cut to the case. My name is Alfonso I am not a pirate but a privateer, this year is 1883, we're here at the outskirt of Ambon because Martha wanted to show me something but instead your soul in Martha's body and now we're here." 

That was no explanation. He just spouted nonsense while nodding to himself. But what kind of bullshit is that? Year 1883? The hell? Ambon is at the level of town, not this jungle-like environment.

He then added, "I know you're shocked"

"Very" I retorted calmly betraying my inner conflict. His expression softened and said, "but this is no dream, this is your reality now, Catherine."

"Bloody hell, how do you know my name!?" I shouted because I could not take it anymore. Bullshit explanation was okay, I guess, but to know my name before I said it out loud is the new bullshit I could not take at the moment. This pirate cosplayer is a scammer. I am pretty sure of it now.

"We're already meet in the past. If I we're lucky, we'll meet again in the future" smiled he took a quill pen before writing at his parchment.

Before I made another retort this strange man put his index finger to his lips and throw his antic mirror toward me. I catch it midair then everything faded to black.

I blacked out.

---

I remembered every scene vividly but I woke up in my bed. So let's say it's a dream. However, that Alfonso guy said it was not a dream and I woke up from my bed, so yes, that weird cosplayer must be a liar, but here I am in my bed while clutching the damn antique mirror he threw at me.

This whole situation is just plain weird. Inexplicable and just plain does not make any sense in the slightest. 

How is it possible to explain this to someone? Okay perhaps I can explain it but people will put me on mental institution instead. Holding back a sigh, I heard the knock on the door. Oh, it was Abby. I bet she is worried sick.