Chapter 55: Kivan

The Next Day.

Back to Carter.

Carter: Thank you for coming, Dr. Florence.
Dr. Florence: It's my pleasure, Carter.
Dr. Florence: How are you doing?
Carter: Not well. I wish I can get out of here.
Carter: But never mind that. There's actually something I wanna talk to you about.
Carter: I still have a few nightmares.
Dr. Florence: Do you still scream in these nightmares of yours?
Carter: Yes, and honestly I don't know what to do with them. Like I just... I can't make them stop.
Carter: It's like I have no power over it.
Dr. Florence: Carter, didn't you ever consider on doing more than just screaming in fear for these nightmares?
Carter: What do you mean?
Dr. Florence: There are a few ways to make nightmares stop, but screaming isn't one of them.
Dr. Florence: I think the only way for you to make your nightmares stop running through your head is to have power by using your words.
Carter: Well, what am I supposed to say? How can I stop them just by talking?
Dr. Florence: Any way you can. Try your best to get emotional towards Ryan and maybe he'll talk, instead of making you suffer in pain.
Dr. Florence: Then that way, he can actually have a heart instead of looking like some villain monster to you.
Carter: That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. I think this can work.
Dr. Florence: You never know unless you try it, but if by any chance that it doesn't help, then we'll figure something out.

Back to Kathy + her POV.

Ivan: That dinner was the fucking best, blondie.
Kathy: Of course you feel that way. BBQ ribs is your favorite food after all.
Ivan: Aw, you remembered! How sweet of you.
Kathy: Shut up.
Kathy: Wait, do you remember my favorite food?
Ivan: You actually have two. You can't choose one because it's hard for you.
Ivan: Sushi and ramen noodles.
Kathy: Correct. You remembered as well.
Ivan: Well, I'm a good listener and um...
Ivan: I always pay close attention whenever we're around each other.
Kathy: Seriously?
Ivan: Yeah, duh. Did you really believe I ignored everything about you?
Kathy: No, but I just thought you might forget a few facts about me. feel like you know me so well more than I know you.
Kathy: What about your parents? You've never told me about them. Do they live with you?
Ivan: Well, about that... they actually died from a car crash a long time ago.
Kathy: Oh, shit! I'm sorry for getting too personal.
Ivan: Nah, it's fine. Don't apologize.
Ivan: I do miss them and I'll always feel hurtful that they're not here, but I have moved on from that.
Ivan: Julian helped me. He has been there for me.
Kathy: Wow, that's really caring of him. I'm glad he's so friendly and optimistic towards everyone.
Kathy: Sometimes it's hard to find a person like him in life.
Ivan: True. But however, he's not the only one that made me happy.
Ivan: You did too.
Kathy: I made you happy? How?
Ivan: Are you kidding me? We became good friends and all that stuff.
Ivan: You changed me more than you realize.

Ivan walked closer to me to the point where there was no personal space between us. His hands were attached into my petite fingers. For once, I felt like the world had disappeared, but we're the only ones standing here. This feeling is hard to explain, but I know for a fact it's not the same one as I felt with Barry. Im aware that it may sound selfish. Nevertheless, it's not really my fault that my own heart feels this way. This one has to be more remarkable and meaningful. His touch sent an electricity through my body and seeped through my bones. Subsequently, after a few extra amount of seconds, I needed nothing but for his lips to be on top of mine. We were almost getting there, until someone had to break in the significance.

Toby: Kathy?
I overheard a voice that led to both me and Ivan recognize it right away.
Kathy: What the hell?!
Ivan: You!

Without hesitation, Ivan grabbed the collar of Toby's shirt and slammed him against the car door, which caused to make a deafening, breaking sound. Toby felt too much pain from his backbone, but Ivan didn't care one single bit. He exhibit a fuming expression to release his anger.