Chapter 60: Capabilities

Julian's POV.

My Mom bumped her way back inside our house, so when she was making preparations for our meal, every one of us had to illustrate and describe each thing that happened with the story she told us. Needless to say, she was shocked and speechless like the rest of us, but other than that, she still continues to love Penny endlessly. I couldn't imagine a world where she stopped caring for Penny. That would be most unlikely of her. Nothing could ever change the bond that the Hart's share all together. After the explanation we prepared for her, the rest of us advanced into the living room just to talk for a few minutes and thank Penny for sharing her deep connection with Ryan. It took her some guts to expose the truth. I admire her for that. Instantaneously, I needed to have the courage to have a chat with Penny about how I faithfully feel for her. She is my sister, so I should treat her like one. I clenched my jaw and gulped before I could speak up. I waited for a few seconds, until I was primed to say what I wish to say.

Julian: Guys... if you don't mind, I would actually like to be alone with my sister for a few minutes.
Jacob: Sure thing.
Carter: We'll be sure to help your Mom out in the kitchen.

Carter said as she comfortably placed her right hand on my left shoulder, giving me a gentle rub of calmness. I nodded to say thank her. The guys deserted from us, so that we could be alone to have our family conversation. I sat down next to Penny on the couch and marked my time to start off with the right explanation.

Julian: Penny... I want you to know that I'm not ashamed of the fact that you are related to me.
Julian: I'm glad that I have a sister. It feels nice to have a sibling.
Julian: You can be quite stubborn with such anger issues, but aside from that, you're the most devoted and thoughtful person ever.
Julian: I'm sure Ryan believed that too.
Penny: I feel the same way for you too. I'm glad that I have a brother.
Julian: I'm sorry I forgot about you. I'll always regret that. I'm a terrible person.
Penny: No, it's not your fault. You were at a very young age, Julian.
Penny: At least now we're here together as brother and sister, so that's all that really matters.
Julian: I love you.
Julian: You know that, right?
Penny: Hm, of course. Everybody does.
Penny: No need to tell me twice.

Penny showed off with her hair flip as she waved it against the air and brushed it off to her backbone, while I was the one that rolled my eyes by her conceited attitude. She quirked her lips and converted a chuckle. That was her way of teasing me.

Penny: But I uh...
Penny: I love you too, man.
Penny: I guess.
Julian: Aw, we're bonding! Oh, and try to control the bad words. You curse too much.
Penny: Keep wishing that. I'll never stop.
Penny: And don't be a hypocrite. I'm sure you curse as well.
Julian: Not as much as you do, though.
Julian: God, we're nothing alike at all. How are we even related?
Penny: Yeah, that's what I'm wondering.
Penny: I mean, I'm hotter than you, more of a badass than you, stunning than you, very confident than y-
Julian: Okay, I get it now. Thanks for making me feel like crap.
Penny: Sorry to burst your mood, Julian. I think I have something to make you feel better.
Julian: Really? What is it?

She sighed thoroughly getting ready to view my reaction on what she's progressed to fill me in with. Or most likely what she's able to... show me. I'm saying that now because she stretched out to her black handbag and looked for something that must've been consequential to me. She slowly tossed me a small, white frame picture and I moderately seized it. Once I looked what it was... I started examining everything to try to at least remember. Back in this time, it was winter and a cold, frosty afternoon.

December 2007.

Penny: Mommy, Daddy, lookie!
Julian: We built a snowman!
Sofia: *Gasp*
Sofia: How wonderful! You two are phenomenal.
Chance: Well done, I would have to say.
Chance: You kids make me so proud.
Julian: It took a long time, but it was worth it.
Julian: I had to do all the work.
Penny: Jerk! I worked for it too.
Julian: Oh yeah, me and my sis both very much did.
Penny: Once again... jerk!
Julian: Hey, at least now I'm being nice.
Penny: Oh, so are you implying that I'm the jerk here?!
Julian: When did that ever come out of my mouth?
Sofia: All right, all right, settle down you two.
Chance: Yeah, otherwise you're gonna give me a migraine.
Julian: Although, this snowman is extremely small, but it was worth it.
Penny: We need a carrot, Mommy!
Sofia: What? Why?
Julian: Duh, for the nose.
Penny: Oh, and buttons from your coats, shoes, a scarf, hat, and-
Chance: Oh, come on. That's a little too much now.
Julian: We can't let him be cold like this, Dad.
Chance: It's a snowman... not a human being.
Julian and Penny: *Gasp*
Sofia: Uh oh, they both gasped! You're gonna regret this, honey.
Chance: Oh, shoot! I uh- I mean...
Julian and Penny: How dare you?!
Chance: Sofia, take a picture of them! Do it please.
Sofia: That's a great idea. Julian, Penny, get close together.
Julian: All right.
Penny: Fine.
Penny: Piggyback ride!
Julian: Ah!